Best exercise dvd for a beginner

marioz49
marioz49 Posts: 51 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
What exercise DVD's are good? I just tried some of my daughters today; AB Workout Hip Hop ones, but I didn't really like them. I need to find something that is fun and good for a beginner. I am not really a dancer and find that if the moves are too fast, I can't follow them. Any ideas??

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    My first workout DVD was a Ministry of Sound Pump It Up one. Not the most recent, the one before that with the mainly pink cover. If you do warm up, tone, cool down, then you avoid the dance routine. That would last half an hour and it's pretty good. The instructor shows you the moves before you do them and tells you to keep walking on the spot (or doing the previous move if its easy) so you're still active. I found that one really fun.

There's also Davina McCall's collection of DVDs. You'll find them for a good price on Play.com (free delivery!). I'm doing the 30 Minute Workout one - only tried one of the few she provides but its still a good workout. That one can push you a bit if you go at it full pelt but it's designed to do that to get the full impact. It's Davina, though, so it's friendly for all.

I'd encourage the Davina one!
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    If you can exercise using the internet, check out all the videos here: http://sparkpeople.com/resource/videos.asp . they're really good and easy (and free!). also, if they're too hard they're easy to modify. I've done ALOT of workout videos in my day and she is a good instructor. I've moved on to more difficult videos now, but i used to do 1-3 ten minute cardio videos and then 2 or 3 strength training videos.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Hi,
    I use the Davina McCall 3 x 30 minute workouts as well - I really like the cardio box routine as it is easy to follow but works you as hard as you want to work. I also use kettleworx which I really love but it's expensive to start with - I would try Davina!
    Have fun!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Leslie Sansone Walk-Away-the-Pounds workouts are great for starting out and going even a bit further. They are all I've used so far.

www.walkathome.com if you have never heard of them.

:smile:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    I always liked Billy Blanks Tae Bo.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    I always liked Billy Blanks Tae Bo.

This is a fantastic workout DVD although I wouldn't suggest it as being beginner friendly?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I did Jillian's 30 day shred, that was a goodie. Hard enough but not too hard, well paced, cheats available 'til you're ready for the whole thing. Good stuff, and a $9 DVD at any bigbox store.
This discussion has been closed.