30DS and Running Combined Programme?

Options
Hi everyone,
Just looking for opinions.
I started the 30ds on friday last, today would be day four. My husband goes to the gym twice a week (Tues and Fri) so it gave me the idea to start back running on Monday/Wednesdays so he can mind the kids. Its a 5k route close to home. I was a great runner before I had my second son 10 mths ago.

Anyway, we are off to the Algarve in 6 weeks time. I wont be bikini ready but I want to be swim suit ready. The days I run, I wont do the 30DS.
Should I get decent results or would I be better off just sticking with the 30DS?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do 30ds in the morning and still play squash twice a week and run a couple of times in the evening. I have found it has helped to increase my fitness loads! Xx
  • stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS every evening, and doing the C25K at lunchtime 3 times a week. Its definitely having an effect so maybe you can do both, just don't push yourself too far!
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! I'm very limited time wise, so I can really only fit in one or the other.
    I'll give it a go and see what happens :)
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is a little late...but I wanted to let you know that I have alternated 30ds and Couch to 5k for the last two months. I lost weight and lost some inches. It wasn't a massive weight loss like you may read about on MFP... but I am breastfeeding and did not work out every day (no more than 5 days a week - sometimes less). I did not double up on workouts. I say go for it.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I got to my lowest weight/best looking body by combining 30ds and running. Some days I would run and then do a level of 30ds. Some days I did 1 level of 30ds, and some days I did two levels of 30ds if I felt up to it. I was working out about 5-6 days a week.
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the 30DS and C25K combined. 3 days a week I will do C25K + Yoga, and 3 days a week I will do 30DS + walk + Yoga. One rest day, and a day of easy walking or a beach trip (or 2 rest days if I feel like I need it)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and HIIT.. I know it's not running or anything but HIIT helped me start running. I run on days I do strength, I don't see it really being a problem. Just listen to your body. I think running + 30DS will help your results!