Lost motivation after some weightloss

Options
Hi everyone,

Been losing a fair amount of weight this week and I'm on the right track. What I do notice is that when I lost a certain amount of weight, I tend to lose my motivation. It starts slightly with an occasional naughty treat, but after a while I fall completely back into bad eating habits. I don't know why, because I should be happy the extra pounds are going this fast. Has anyone else been struggling with similar problems and if you did, how did you overcome them?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    It's more motivating to see results in the form of a picture log or diary than it is seeing numbers on a scale.

Take pictures and when you see physical changes, you'll be more inclined to keep it up.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Weight loss shouldn't necessarily be 'fast' unless you are seriously overweight or on your first week. Make sure you aren't under eating, for a start, as that leads to cravings as you aren't giving your body what it needs. Also, allow yourself a treat when you want it, just fit it into your macros. Remember this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. There's no need to cut anything out and make yourself feel deprived.
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys :)@tricksee will definitely try the picture log thing. Just might do the trick. Also discovered that weighing myself every two days to work to a week goal seems to help so I'm going to keep that up to.