Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options
This seems to be a new trend for losing weight. Anybody know if these are a new scam? Or just maybe they do help in aiding weight loss?

Replies

• kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I picked up a bottle at The Vitamin Shoppe and have been taking it for about a week. Haven't noticed anything different but it's only been a week. ~ Terri
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Do a search on the message boards. They are a waste of money.
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I picked up a bottle from Walmart. It was made by Pure Health. I lost 5lbs using it, but when I went back to Walmart to get another bottle-it only lasted 2 weeks-they were no longer carrying the brand and I wasn't interested in paying more $ for the other brands on the shelf.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    There is no magic supplement that will ever come out that will make you lose weight. If it's a "trend", leave it be.

Eat at a deficit, move more = weight loss!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    It's the newest fad. The one thing about the diet industry is that it's SO REACTIVE about fads. When one experiences success with sales, then EVERYONE else jumps in and creates their own supplement line of it. Ironically all the distributors probably share the same manufacturer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    A placebo would work just as well. :tongue: It's totally a mental thing. I don't believe it helps with weightloss significantly.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    waste of money, it didn't work:(
  • CrystalBeat
    CrystalBeat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My mom tried these and they did not work at all... I say it is a scam and a waste of money :(
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I won't be investing in these 'magic beans' :)
  • rubypond
    rubypond Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I too thought about this especially when you see/hear that Dr Oz promotes them, but really he promotes just about anything. When I looked them up to check the price I found that they were just a tad bit to expensive for my taste and bypassed them. Since that time I have found Biotin (B vitamin) and Cinnamon to be a pretty nice aid in my weight loss. I've been taking them for about 2 weeks now and have lost 5 lbs. I am extremely happy with this because no matter what I have tried I could never lose weight and we are going as far back as the Phen-Phen age. Due to injuries I have not been able to work out but still continue to lose the weight. So I can only imagine that when I am able to get back to my training the weight loss will be even better.