Protein bars

Options
Zoe85
Zoe85 Posts: 19 Member
Hi,

I was wondering if i could have some advice on when the best time to eat protein bars, before or after a workout? I am trying to get more protein into my diet, i make sure i consume protein with every meal but find it hard to increase my intake and am always below my allowance daily.

If it helps i workout in the evening about 6pm and usually have my dinner after my workout and try to include a good amount of protein in that meal.

Thanks
Zoe

Replies

• chris90w
    chris90w Posts: 19
    Options
    you can eat your protein before bed, before work, before schhol before shower. thats your personal choice Zoe85.

Get outside the box, and ask yourself the question, what time matter? The body will handle it anyway. it doesnt matter when you eat your protein.

ask 10 people you get 11 answers. all want to be true. so make your own desicion.

what works best for you-

Chris
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you're having dinner after your workout, wouldn't eating a bar after just spoil that? It is good to get some protein in after a workout, but perhaps you could have a quick shake before, if you don't mind having something in your stomach before a workout.