Low Calorie/Quick Meals

Options
Reign
Reign Posts: 87 Member
Hello All! Does anyone have any low calorie meal ideas? I am more of an evening eater, but with handling kids, when I get home from work; I tend to just reach for the easiest, quickest thing. This is not always a healthy option. Any suggestions?

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen stir fry vegetables. spritz pan with some cooking spray, heat with some spices of choice. Can be eaten with meat or without (buy the meat separate though don't buy the ones that come with it). Chicken, beef, pork, tofu, beans. 10 minutes, 1 pan. Dinner! Also fresh fruit or string cheese works if you're on the go!
  • soul4fitness
    soul4fitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand your plight. The key is trying to plan your meals in advance. Either the night before or on the weekend plan your meal for the upcoming week.

Here are a few items:
    - Turkey Chili w/ beans
    - 4oz portion size of fish, turkey, or chicken with vegetables & fruit
    - Hummus(Sabra is the brand I prefer) on Pepperidge Deli Thins 100% Whole wheat

Good Luck
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    One of my favourite satisfying treats is a tostada. Take your favourite tortilla shell. Sparingly coat it with salsa (otherwise it gets too soggy) top with cut up roasted or grilled chicken, green onions and sparingly with cheese. bake in oven at 350 untill lightly crisp. cut them into little triangles. These are simple and everyone loves them!
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/special-diets/200-400-calories/
    Someone pasted this link earleir for some lovely 200-400 cal recipes - so just copying that in.
    Enjoy.
  • KS1980
    KS1980 Posts: 40
    Options
    Check out Cookinglight.com for some good ideas on quick and easy meals.
  • Patti909
    Patti909 Posts: 36
    Options
    i love chicken cacciaotre, its easy to make.

boneless chickn breasts
    green pepper
    onion
    canned whole tomatoes
    red wine e optional

lightly brown chicken in olive oil, add green pepper and oinion. cook a min or two.
    add broken up tomatoes and cook for about an hour. Add wine for the last 15 minutes.
    I serve with brown rice.