Still Lying on my Driver's License!

Options
I just renewed my driver's license on line. They have you verify your height and weight. The weight that has been on my DL is my goal weight (15 pounds to go!). However, I didn't change the weight to my current weight when I renewed today. Oh well, I know I'll be there soon and won't be lying anymore!! I was more than 50 pounds the weight on the driver's license for a long time - so 15 pounds isn't such a stretch of a lie!!

Replies

• TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just look at it as one more incentive to keep going. You DON'T want to get caught lying to the DMV! :noway:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you guys have to declare your weight on your drivers license! Why do they ask you to do it?
    I think there would be an uproar in the UK if we had to do that. :laugh:
  • dw61574
    dw61574 Posts: 11
    Options
    I haven't changed my weight on my driver's license since high school. I am actually back down to that weight now, I use it as a reminder of what I used to weigh for motivation.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you guys have to declare your weight on your drivers license! Why do they ask you to do it?
    I think there would be an uproar in the UK if we had to do that. :laugh:

My guess is for "identification verification purposes"... making sure you are in fact the person who is pictured on the license... but that is likely BS considering how much we change our appearances.... as a woman I know I have been guilty of changing my hair color, wearing colored contacts, etc.
  • hya89
    hya89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My original goal was to get down to the weight on mine before I had to renew it, but it's looking like that'll be a stretch. Not sure what I'll do when I have to renew it.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not all states require you to have your weight on your DL, however it is helpful in determining that you aren't giving a fake DL.

OP, everyone lies about thier weight on thier DL. :laugh: It might be accurate when they first get it but after that it's a crap shoot.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I agree that everyone lies about their weight on their driver's license! After years of being upwards of 25 pounds over the weight on my driver's license, it's exciting to be 10 pounds (and counting!) under my declared weight. I don't have to renew my license for a while, but plan to get a new one once I reach my goal weight. I look really different from that before picture and I don't ever want to see that weight associated with my name ever again! :)
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been lying about my weight on my DL practically since I got it 20 years ago! :laugh: Well, not all the time, but most of the time. I was 120 when I got it at 16 and that's what it still says. I was down to 115 in college and my highest was 163 in 2009 (four years after I last renewed it).

I'm aiming to get back to 120. If I can get there and stay there (+/- 5 lbs) until I have to renew my license in 2015 then I won't worry about changing it. But I'm determined to be honest and tell them if it needs to change, whatever that may be in two years. :wink:

FYI, my height has also been the same since I got my license and that truthfully hasn't changed. I'm still a shorty. :tongue: