Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ive just started today

2»

Replies

• TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    It's tough to have the macros balance out daily. I try to make sure it balances out for the week. Also, you can manually adjust the macros (percentages) of the protein/carb/fat instead of using the MFP default. I think most on here feel MFP's carb goal of carbs is too high. If you don't know about BMR and TDEE, research those.

If anyone wants a motivation partner, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Welome, losing weight is all about balance diet and exercise! Add me if you like!
  • su3661
    su3661 Posts: 1 Member
    I have started today too! Although have tried myfitnesspal before - I need to lose half a stone & just get a bit fitter too. Hurt my back in January and have felt my age in my body but still think I am 18 - not a good combination!

Feel free to add me & we can help each other!

Su
  • Wow, Thank you everyone for such good advice and encouragement. Ive added quite a few of you's and i hope we can encourage each other and make this journey a great one!
  • I'm starting out today as well. I'm actually starting over... Lose weight, gained it back... Ready to lose again. GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    feel free to add me - I am finishing my first week today -
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    I have only been doing this a short while myself....feel free to add me! I found it over whelming at first when I started tracking everything...You won't figure it out overnight, it takes time. It is very eye opening to see where your calories come from and for me sugar was a big one that I struggled with... Give it time you will figure it out.. And yes it is ok to go a little over....especially if you are working out hard...just try to balance it out over time....
  • Hi I've just joined today too! I'm excited and nervous both to start this long journey ahead of me. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Any of you can feel free to add me! I have been on here since July of last year and would gladly help you out if I can.
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi there, I added you
  • wayson5
    wayson5 Posts: 2
    Welcome! My daughter (18 year old) and I just joined Saturday. Coincidentally my eldest daughter lives in Zambia, Africa. SHe tells me that since she moved to Africa, she misses the junk food especially Chik filet!!
  • I've also joined recently and just wanted to comment that the support I've read from everyone here is incredible. Good luck on the journey!
  • cmoskovitz
    cmoskovitz Posts: 12 Member
    I just came back today, too, after a little MFP hiatus. Good Luck!
  • vistajay
    vistajay Posts: 2
    My wife, teenage daughter and I just started today as well. Modest goals at first: lose ten pounds and reduce belly fat. Battling the afternoon snack urge at the moment; as planned dinner will get me to 150 points of my daily allowance, leaving just enough room for a glass of red wine. :)