Sweet Hummus

doughd2
doughd2 Posts: 86 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Has anyone every made any? I get email updates with recipes and a random recipe titled 'chocolate chip cookie dough hummus' caught my eye. I started googling around and found Crazy Camel Dessert Hummus, but there definately isn't alot out there, that I could find, in the way of recipes. I took one of the Crazy Camel flavors and tried my hand at making up a recipe on my own - Pumpkin Pie - and it is SO good.

I was wondering if anyone had ever made any? Any ideas on other flavors to try to concont? The flavors this place makes are chocolate mousse, peanut butter, toasted almond, pumpkin pie, caramel apple and maple walnut.

Replies

• fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Never tried it but sounds scary LOL! I think of hummus...I think of savory flavors. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to try it.
  • doughd2
    doughd2 Posts: 86 Member
    I've only tried hummus once before and I didn't like it.. and chickpeas in general gross me out.. but for whatever reason I decided to try making some anyway. It wasn't so good right after i made it.. in fact, it was alittle gross. But after it sat in the fridge for a few hours, the flavor sort of blended/melded together and it really was very good. We ate it on sliced apples. :smile: I also made a chocolate one.. which is good.. but too chocolately for me. I'd be inclined to try it again, with much less cocoa powder.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I think chickpeas would be great at absorbing any flavour. Yes, hummus with garlic is excellent (hence why some may be grossed out at these recipe ideas) but I’m sure it could be a dessert dip as well.

I found a berry dip; http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Dessert_Hummus

But I really want to try this chocolate version!
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/chocolate-hummus/

I’ve altered above to reduce the calories (oil and sugar) and include the bread, here is what I plan on making this week;

Chocolate Hummus Baguette

2 tbsp olive oil
    ½ cup unsweetened Cocoa
    15 ounces, chickpeas
    ½ cup 0-calorie sweetener
    1-teaspoon vanilla extract
    ½ teaspoons Salt
    3 tbsp warm water
    1 (350g) Presidents Choice Blue Menu Whole Grain Demi Baguette

* Serves 12. 3 WW points per serving. 153 calories, 3.9 fat, 2.9 fibre.

1100181.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.