Off track in a major way

Options
Since March 1st have been steadly going off track. As anyone can see looking at my diary I have been drifting for the past month. This has gotten to the point if I can even get back on track. Accident put me off my plan in a major way. Before accident had a year of success with the help of MFP. I had a trainer going to the gym twice weekly 10lbs from goal. Since accident lucky to get 1 day in the gym on the elliptical an occasional walk no trainer and eating every known food I shouldn't. It's like I'm rebelling against the whole year. Yes there is hope because I'm still recording in my diary mostly and I am doing a little, very little. As far as the trainer there is a cost issue. So I don't think I can get that back even though I really think that is one thing that would help. The other thing is posting this on line to all of you good people. I know all the it will get better, but at what point does that even quit working. All your thoughts on this are appreciated because I know everyone deals with this exact issue. I don't want to go back but now instead of needing to loose 10lbs it is now almost 16lbs.

Replies

• fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You had a major accident of course it's going to set you off track. You just have to set your mind to it and get your dedication back. Maybe you can try to do some of the workouts your trainer had you doing. In the words of my dad, it's mind over matter. Put your mind to it and get to work. Maybe little by little, but you will get back to it if you truly truly want to.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You have come so far Deb, and I know you can finish what you started. Keep on smiling and working on it :flowerforyou:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    This is awesome catching it before it has gone too far. Look at the major progress you've made! As you say, the fact that you are logging means there is hope. But also, the fact that you are eating what you know you shouldn't means YOU KNOW what you shouldn't be eating. You know what to do here. You took a little while to get over a bump, but you've caught yourself pretty quickly and you are back on track. Let's do this!
  • GetFitRetta
    GetFitRetta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    16lbs is not bad at all! Progress is incremental...take a few extra steps a day.
    As far as a personal trainer is concerned... they're expensive! There are excercises you can do at home, or changing up food regimens that can show results at a pace you're comfortable with.

I think you're on track by being a part of My Fitness Pal to begin with... no need to be your own worst critic ;)