any had a food intolerance test done ?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had a blood food intolerance done? My chemist is offering one for €100 and was thinking of getting it done.

Replies

• TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    Yep! Had it done in Dec, due to scheduling conflicts I didn't get my results until March...but the changes since then have been amazing!
    I had the following intolerances:

Gluten
    yeast
    Dairy
    peanut butter
    banana
    pineapple
    soy
    cranberry
    crab

I think there are more, but these are the ones that affect me the most regarding what I was eating!
    It took 1 week to get the cravings out of my system, then a week that my body detoxed. I am on week 3 and although my calorie intake is still the same, I am eating more veggies now instead of breads, and I am down 6 lbs! My energy levels are through the roof and I feel GREAT!!!

I would suggest getting it if you can! I can be life changing! Also, read the book "It starts with food" life changing!!
  • fantasticelastic
    fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that totalbodyreno, good feedback. Iv cut down on carbs bout 2 months ago due to tiredness and have seen a good inprovement, just curious if it would be worth the €100 to see if Im intolerent to anything else.

You must havea very restrictive diet if you cant eat yeast, gluten or dairy. What do you use instead of these ??
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    I thought I was going great getting rid of the gluten, switching to gluten free bread, crackers, chips ect...only to find out that Yeast was the biggest culprit! So now, I don't have anything that even mimicks a bread product! The cravings took a week to lose, but so worth it! My aches, pains, tendonitis, arthritis is all gone! I haven't felt this good since I was a body builder!

I eat a lot of meat, veggies, eggs, some fruit, almond butter, more water ( I was a HUGE milk drinker) nuts, ect. I make a fresh bone broth every week that I will drink throughout the day as well.

I would 100% say if you can get the intolerance done, do it!

As a personal trainer, I ate well, but still had weight that I could not lose from having kids. I stopped bodybuilding years ago because I felt like crap! I look back now, and see that the off season, I was eating things that made me feel that way! I should've stuck to better eating back then!

My typical breakfast the last few years was PB&J (all fresh, homemade) on homemade bread. A glass of watered down cranberry grape juice and a coffee.
    I got the test done and my whole breakfast had to change! No more bread (gluten or yeast), no more PB and no more cranberry! Now I eat eggs, ham, and veggies for breakfast! Same amount of calories, just better for my body to digest! I would've had no idea about the yeast or PB if it hadn't been for the test!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If this is one of those "hold these two electrodes and the computer will tell all" things? Its quackery. Nonsense.

I'm not sure what kind of "intolerance test" your chemist coudl give you, but unless blood is being drawn, its unlikely to be anything more than pseudoscience. Probably they'll recommend a bunch of expensive supplements to you afterwards, too. Lightens your wallet and doesn't mean anything biologically.
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I"m also interesting in this and am "bumping" in to read other stories.
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    If this is one of those "hold these two electrodes and the computer will tell all" things? Its quackery. Nonsense.

I'm not sure what kind of "intolerance test" your chemist coudl give you, but unless blood is being drawn, its unlikely to be anything more than pseudoscience. Probably they'll recommend a bunch of expensive supplements to you afterwards, too. Lightens your wallet and doesn't mean anything biologically.

Mine was with blood and has made 100% change in my body and if you read the OP, you will see she says a "Blood intolerance test"
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options

The OP did specify Blood Test
    Mine was with blood and has made 100% change in my body and if you read the OP, you will see she says a "Blood intolerance test"
    Was the test you had done called IGG IGE? I'm a fellow Canadian & curious if the cost was covered. I know what my food allergies are but would like to find out if I also have intolerances to things I do eat.
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    Yes it was an IGG or whatever they are called!
    My naturopath gave me the kit and the food list, I ate all that list over a couple days, pricked my finger and sent it in. The company she works with is out of calgary so local and quick! (i'm in Edmonton) As for health coverage, it was covered as a naturopath treatment that I submitted to my extra plan, but not under regular medical... and it was like $300 or so (eeek)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yep! Had it done in Dec, due to scheduling conflicts I didn't get my results until March...but the changes since then have been amazing!
    I had the following intolerances:

Gluten
    yeast
    Dairy
    peanut butter
    banana
    pineapple
    soy
    cranberry
    crab

I think there are more, but these are the ones that affect me the most regarding what I was eating!
    It took 1 week to get the cravings out of my system, then a week that my body detoxed. I am on week 3 and although my calorie intake is still the same, I am eating more veggies now instead of breads, and I am down 6 lbs! My energy levels are through the roof and I feel GREAT!!!

I would suggest getting it if you can! I can be life changing! Also, read the book "It starts with food" life changing!!

I've read that book. Wednesday is the end of my whole30. It's been amazing. I will continue. :)
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    I've never had a full one done but thankfully was able to pin things down pretty quickly based on the descriptions I gave on the issues I was having.

Allergic to barely anything, but highly allergic to black pepper. Which was causing me not to be able to eat like anything. Feel much better now that I know how to eat, but I gained roughly sixty pounds after because I was eating. A lot.

And that's why I'm here!
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had the skin test done for multiple allergies. I am pretty much allergic to everything environmental, so I started allergy shots weekly. However, the food results were definetly an eye opener! I am allergic to corn, egg yokes, and soy! I am trying my hardest to avoid these products and I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER! I was having "morning sickenss" throughout the day, all day, and I am not pregnant! Everytime I drank any type of alcohol, I was sick after just 1 drink! It is because the type of alcohol I was drinking was derived from CORN! Although it is very hard to give up somethings that I love, the feeling I have makes it worth it.
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    Congrats Alisha!! And your journey looks like it has been amazing! Great work!!
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes it was an IGG or whatever they are called!
    My naturopath gave me the kit and the food list, I ate all that list over a couple days, pricked my finger and sent it in. The company she works with is out of calgary so local and quick! (i'm in Edmonton) As for health coverage, it was covered as a naturopath treatment that I submitted to my extra plan, but not under regular medical... and it was like $300 or so (eeek)

Thanks! When I was at the lab for tests last week I noticed an Ad for food allergy testing. I'm going back there tomorrow, so, I'll ask if it's the same one.:smile:
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    The company was called Rocky Mountain Analytical out of Calgary!
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Along those same lines, I just finished up a book by JJ Virgin about this very topic.
    She suggests you take the following items out of your diet for 21 days:
    Gluten
    Corn
    Sugar
    Soy
    Peanuts
    Dairy
    Eggs

She says you should notice you automatically feel better -- and if you do, then you can slowly add one food group back in to your diet, to determine your tolerance for it.

She recommends that IGG or whatever it's called, if you can get it.

Ann