So, I bought I a pair of Nike's

Options
2»

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second (or maybe third), go to a running store and get fit.

It's important if you're going to use them for walking or running.

I originally got fit for Adidas Glide 4, then Nike Pegasus 29. But they tried Ascics and Sauconys in there as well and it didn't work for me (so much shin and other pain). I got re-fit on Friday and got Asics GT-3000 to correct my over-pronation. I'm not 100% that they're the right shoe since I've only done one run in them and it takes a week to a week and a half to get used to a shoe.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bit of a bizarre generalisation, since Nike make about 4,694,029 different models of trainer. I wear Nike Air Pegasus (the 2010 model) and love them, but I've had Nike trainers I didn't get on with as well in the past.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Bad shoes don't get better. Go to a proper shoe fitting store. I've never fit a Nike (too narrow, not enough arch for me). I've had good luck with Asics (I have wide flatter feet), and Reeboks. If width is an issue, buy the men's as they are a standard D width.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    If you have a running store nearby, I suggest going to them for a fitting. I've found them very helpful in finding the right shoe for my foot.
    For me, Saucony shoes are the best. They feel so comfy from the very start.
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My favorite shoes are Mizuno Wave Rider 13s. My heels mash down the inside edge of my shoes and it makes my shins hurt. The heels on these things are horseshoe shaped with a nice open spot in the middle, so it cups my heel and helps cut down on the pronation. I got mine from ebay, second hand, and they lasted 6 months. I'm about due for a new pair but I'm waiting on the ol' tax refund. :P
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    get evaluted for the perfect shoe at a local running store. Nikes are always too tight for me.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted. Everyone's feet are different. For example, I love Nikes (the only athletic shoes I wear) and have never had any fit issues with them.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nike makes a LOT of shoes. Some will work for you, and others will not. I've had great Nike shoes, and I have also had a pair that were quite wrong for me and led to injuries.

^^ THIS

I have a pair of Nike cross trainers and they are great. I was looking at various Nikes (Air Max, Shox etc). I asked for my size and the foot locker employee asked me outright if I'm a runner and whether I'll be using the sneakers for workouts as opposed to casual wear. I thought the sneakers I had in my hand were for athletic usage and not just for looking cute but ugh, no. He directed me toward other Nikes (the ones I have now), which were actually cheaper - light weight and offered better arch support. He advised me against buying Nikes with the air bubble things or the spring / hydraulic thing on the bottom as they mold to how you plant your step and don't offer much support for heavy athletic activity, can lead to injury.

I guessed I lucked out ... I would have had no clue. I appreciated his honesty, he could have easily let me buy the $129 pair I requested but instead, he educated me and I got a pair that was about $80.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have foot issues and found it very helpful to get fitted at a running shoe store. They watch you walk and help you find the right shoes. I need shoes with lots of support because I pronate so much so they said they are good for lifting and cross training too.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of Nike freeruns, they killed my feet for about three weeks. They are perfect now tho!