Magic Bullet recipes?

Options
I'm sure this has been addressed already....in fact I've already searched some threads. I just bought a magic bullet and am looking for some healthy recipes, especially for smoothies, but I'm still confused. Would anyone like to share? It's like information overload out there when trying to figure this stuff out and when I get too overloaded I get frustrated, overwhelmed, and confused and feel like giving up. Not to mention is gets quite time consuming trying to figure it all out. Basically I'm just wondering things like which is better: 0 fat greek yogurt or protein powder or both? spinach or no spinach? frozen yogurt or not frozen? frozen fruit or fresh or a little of both? what are the best fruits to add? water for the liquid? and my biggest question....how much of everything to add? Also thinking I'd like something that would be good for my 7 year old as well. she is not a very good breakfast eater and I'm hoping that if I can make something quick for myself that maybe she will like too so I can get her on a healthier track. I'm not looking for her to really lose weight but I am starting to get concerned that she is getting a little chunky. No I am not putting her on a diet by any means....just want to change her eating habits a little bit without it being a big deal before her weight does get out of control.

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I just Googled "magic bullet recipes" and found this site:

http://www.buythebullet.com/bulletrecipes.php

There were tons of results, so if you don't like anything on the above site there are plenty of other options.

Good luck! :)
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thank you for the response :) I actually haven't checked their website yet.
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Its really just trial and error. You can find recipes as a starting point. Then go with what you like. Change as you wish. I had some work done in the past and was only allowed to consume food through a straw. This gave me plenty of time to try everything!!

Forgot to add the boy would drink them as well. He loved them. He liked making them as well.
  • bss1948
    bss1948 Posts: 3
    Options
    A great & healthy recipe. a little handful of red kale, 1/2 cup non-fat fage greek yogurt, 3 big strawberries, 1 small apple (leave the skin on) cut around the core, 1/2 bananna, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 ice cubes, 1/2 Tbspn. almond butter or peanut butter, a tiny piece of lemon. 1/2 cup blueberries. Stuff it all in -- mix it all up (2 lrg. glasses) Enjoy!!! Healthy & delicious.:smile:
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I do spinach an apple a banana some frozen pineapple and some almonds alot in my nutribullet. Ordered my whey protein so I will start doing that with fruit and nuts for some yummy time. Dont forget the nuts!

EDIT: my 12 yr old son made faces but then he tried it and loves it. Just because it is green doesnt mean it tastes bad. He wants one everyday now lol
  • bss1948
    bss1948 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi: forgot some spices -- sorry -- add cinnamin & cayenne pepper!!!! :smile:
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a lot of it is just a matter of personal taste and what you're trying to accomplish. What fruits do you like? Try combining them. Want more protein? Use nuts or greek yogurt. Frozen vs fresh personally doesn't make any difference, aside from temperature.

One good piece of advice I saw for making smoothies was to have a fruit with a creamy texture to provide a base - things like bananas, avocados, mangoes, and peaches. They'll give it more texture; otherwise you'll often wind up with something really runny.

Spinach has a very mild flavour and is therefore a good green to add if you're interested in exploring green smoothies. I generally either use spinach or parsley (also fairly mild and a good source of iron!) if I'm making a smoothie - other greens are too bitter for my tastes, but it may vary for you.

This is a good website for green smoothie recipes, although I don't personally advocate her stances on detoxes and the like: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/green-smoothie-recipes/

My current favourite green smoothie:

Take half a cup of parsley; add enough water to puree and blend until smooth. Dice half a red apple, peel left on, and add to the cup along with 1/2 c blueberries or blackberries. Add 1/2 tsp ginger puree (or to taste). Blend and enjoy!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just made a yummy frozen concoction today.

1/2 cup frozen cherries
    12 cup frozen blue berries
    1/2 tbsp. PB2
    1 tbsp. dark cocoa powder
    1/2 cup soy milk

Blend all together and enjoy! 168 calories!!!

:drinker:
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for ideas and tips! They all sound great! I tried picking up some fruit, spinach and protein powder last night but my store didn't have any so I ended up with only some frozen strawberries. I whipped up something this morning with frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, 0 fat vanilla greek yogurt (tried using frozen yogurt but I couldn't get it out of the cup lol), a dash of honey then filled with water. It turned out decent but really didn't make a full glass so I know I need to add more of something and it was a little to yogurt tasting. I'm on a mission today for some more fruit to try. I guess the biggest thing is that I need to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. My biggest fear is that it won't turn out and I'll end up wasting time and money trying to figure it out then be left with nothing for breakfast. Guess I should also learn to have something quick for a backup. Thanks again!