Those who've 100+ lbs to lose or already lost

Options

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My first time around when I started at 301 (140 to goal), I lost 2 pounds in my first week.

This time around, with a starting weight of 239.6 (76 to goal), I lost 5 pounds the first week.

Go figure.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, 5' 4 3/4"

SW: 258.8
    CW: 168.2
    GW: 125-130

I don't know what my first week loss was, I started at the end of July 2012. My average weight loss over my journey is 2.4 pounds per week. I have my profile set to lose 1 pound a week in food deficit and then I burn at least 3600 calories to get a second pound. Some weeks, I get 1.8 off and others like this past week, I lost 4.2 pounds.

I feel if you have such a large number to lose, break it down into small manageable goals. Like how many pounds to get out of each BMI class and then add some round numbers in there like 200 pounds and 180. You can even add goals in stones. There are 14 pounds to a stone.

I have 9.5 to get to 100 lost, then 10.5 after that to get out of the overweight range and then I just have about 20 after that to reach my goal.

At this rate, I'm looking to lose 100 pounds in 10 months and its mainly down to calories in and calories out.
  • stefjdf01
    stefjdf01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many of you have done so well - love reading everyone's stories :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't really remember, but I think about 5 pounds.
    I have been here for 13 months on April 12th
  • aaronjones01
    Options
    Excellent everyone!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I lost just under 5 pounds my first week I believe. I remember doing the math thinking "At this rate I will hit my goal in no time"

I just had my 100th day of logging on MFP on Saturday, and I'm down 35 pounds. Not to shabby if you ask me! Only 145ish more to go!

Anyway, I am always looking for friends that have lots to lose, we are fighting the same battles. So feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • activities_girl
    Options
    You can do it! Here is my story, I hope it inspires/encourages you!

April 25 2012: 283 lbs
    November 28 2012: 252.2 lbs
    Last week when I joined myfitnesspal.com: 235.4 lbs
    Today: 229.7 lbs

I gave birth to my second son, a 8 lb 1oz baby boy, on April 26th 2012. But I only gained 8 lbs during my pregnancy. I was not trying to lose weight until the new year as my real life resolution. I exercise using wii fit and the biggest loser for wii fit. I do this 2-3x per week for 15-30 minutes. I also walk a lot. I use the stairs instead of the elevator at my job. I cut out soda completely (I was a Coca-Cola addict) and cut down on added sugars and fast food for the new year. Since I have been tracking my calories, I am losing weight a lot quicker. My fitness pal is an amazing tool. I hope to get down to 165. If I lose more after that, that is fine. I am not looking to be skinny, I just want to be healthy and able to be more active. 53 lbs down, 65 more to go!
    41676370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • khalilahmoody
    Options
    I started 04/01/2013 and lost 9lbs my first week. the 2nd week I lost 4lbs..which is 13 total. My weigh -in is tomorrow. I hope I am down another 4 or 5lbs.
  • princesspamelatransformation
    Options
    I joined 1/7/13 and lost 5 pounds my first week. I been losing on a average 2-3 pounds a week, last week I lost 4 pounds, but at yesterdays weigh in, I lost 1 pound....but I'll take it every little bit helps. To answer your additional questions, for the first month, I gave myself a 30 day exercise challenge to exercise daily for at least 30-45 minutes. I lost 15 pounds that first month. I have over 100 pounds to lose, so now I continue to work out between 5-7 days (mainly every day...only missed two days since I started this journey). I work out hour M-F and hour and 1/2 or more on the weekends (because I have more time and call it my last chance workout before my weigh in on Sunday). However, once I start grad school again in Fall, I know this schedule will change, so I'm trying to stay focus on getting as much done that I can right now. I hope this helps you and good luck on your journey. Feel free to friend me to give each other support.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I think I lost about 8 pounds my first 2 weeks? I didn't have a scale at the time, so that was just the number I ended up with at a doctor's appointment I had. Shortly after I bought a scale and have had a fairly steady 1.5/2lb per week loss since.

My exercise plan at first was 2x/week elliptical, 1-2x/week weight lifting. Now I do elliptical or treadmill AND weight lifting 3x/week and yoga 2x/week. I honestly think that for my body and metabolism, lifting weights is the most important part of the equation- I've tried exercising for weight loss before with no luck, but the minute I started lifting (and lifting HEAVY, not high reps/low weight) the pounds started to vanish.

So far I've only lost 33lb, and I want to lose at least 70 more. Probably closer to 90 more.

Initial weight was 270, December 28th 2012. Current weight is 237 (well, 236.4. whatever).
  • stefjdf01
    stefjdf01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, the weigh in was this morning and was good! I am down 8.4 lbs this first week. I was aiming for 10, but that didn't happen, so now I'm just out to try and "repeat" this week again. I'm going to up my exercise. I don't have a lot of time before and after work (I'm able to work out Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun at home), but I'm going to start taking full advantage of my breaks and my lunch time at work by going out and walking the trails they have here. Hopefully, by the time summer heat is in full force I won't feel so self conscious about using the treadmills/ellipticals they have indoors here at work. I just hate standing next to someone who's going full on 10 mph and here I am huffing and puffing at like 3 something.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to the half way point in my progress and the first 6 weeks of dieting I lost 40lbs eatting low calories (1200) high protein (60-80g a day) and low carb.
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale, only get on it about once a week... the scale will drive you mad if you get on everyday.
    Focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit better (looser).

(Remember, your monthly water weight gain.. so don't even bother with the scale that week.)

Some weeks you'll feel like you're doing great, other will be like.. What happened? Just remember that if you're exercising. muscle is replacing fat.. scales do not tell us this, rgey just make us feel like we're failing.

Wishing you great success on your journey,

~Ang :flowerforyou:
  • daepley
    daepley Posts: 9
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose and I just started a week ago (Body by Vi shakes for breakfast and lunch, healthy snacks and a reasonable dinner). No exercise yet, as I just don't feel up to it yet. I'll let you know tomorrow morning when I do my first scale check.

Good luck to you! We can do this!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've got a total of 106 lbs. to lose. I've lost 17 so far and I've been on MFP for 6 weeks now. Not only did I start managing my calorie intake, I also added exercise. I walk a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week. I added Walk Away the Pounds and 30 Day Shred to my routine recently, so I am hoping with all that exercise to get fit faster even if the weight only comes off in 1-2 lb. increments. Good luck. Be sure to measure every 3-4 weeks along with weighing in. On the weeks where the scale doesn't move, the change in inches will help boost your confidence in your weight loss journey. Don't forget to still eat the foods you love!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    I have no idea what I lost the first week, but I do know that in the first month I lost about 18lbs...

no surprise that I remember being really motivated my first month and stuck totally to plan....

also, it was a lot of water weight and internal waste...but hey, it was great to see the scale go down that much....
  • gr8ful6291
    gr8ful6291 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too have a lot of weight to lose. I started this journey on April 9, 2013. I just lost 1.5 lbs. I am so excited. Losing weigh does not come easy for me. So this is a milstone. This tool has helped me keep track of what I out in my mouth.
  • gr8ful6291
    gr8ful6291 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would like to know how to post one of those attractive sliding weight loss scales that track progress. How is it done? I want one!
  • LovelyLumos
    LovelyLumos Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i lost about 8 the first week the 5 pounds for the next 2 months. then it was 1-3 pounds a week until i met my goal now im stuck, but building muscle.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't let those who run fast on the treadmill intimidate you, they didn't start out at 10!

I will say, exercising outdoors is much better but when it's cold, I love getting on the treadmill.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!