MFP advise 257g carbs??

Options
This seems ridiculously high to me especially when many many other sites are quoting daily guidelines of 60g for weight loss!

I am trying to load up on food in the mornings a lot more and had:

50g Porridge with bannana, 2 slices of brown toast

And that was what I considered to be a really high carb breakfast and that only came to 77 carbs!

Lunch- Tuna salad (tuna, peppers, lettuce, cucumber), Apple

Dinner- 2 scrambled eggs and mixed salad

Snacks- 50g raw monkey nuts

In total I have had 1273/1870 calories and only 135/267 carbs!

I feel full now but should I make sure I eat the full 1870 calories set by MFP and should I meet the full 267 carb requirement?

P.S. is this a good day of eating, if not I would really appreciate advice on how it could be improved for weight loss on a 200lb 20 year old male that in 6ft tall.

Thankyou!

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Unless you are focused on body composition, I would worry more about reaching my calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason you need to eat low carb?

Concentrate first on getting enough protein, make sure you are eating healthy fats, and then focus on eating whole (unproccessed) foods .... carbs will fall where they may. Unless you have medical issues ....carbs aren't that important.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just want to be sure im eating the right kind of food and the right amount
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The only reason I'm posting is because I'm having a 5th grade moment and literally snorted at:

PS: Focus more on your calories, or adjust your carb intake if you're one of those who has to have the numbers line up. Just manually change your goals.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The only reason I'm posting is because I'm having a 5th grade moment and literally snorted at:

hahah omg me too.