how much oats do u eat?

Options

Replies

• mizchubby69
    Options
    1/3 of a cup for me ,I make it with 1/3 of a cup of milk and 1/3 of a cup of water and microwave til done. I agree 1/4 is not enough and 1/2 is too much for me love me oats
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    200-300 grams per day.
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    35g mixed with low fat yogurt & a chopped apple - the kids call it magic porridge ! :-)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    100g at a time. 1-2 serves per day usually. I love my proats.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I use porridge oats, 40g if having porridge, I add cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger. Also some diced apple or dried fruit.

I also put them on greek yogurt, about 5g oats and 5g honey.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How many waters do you drink?
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Serving size is 1/2 cup of Quaker's Oatmeal.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    40g Porridge oats and 250ml of skimmed milk - most mornings :wink:
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal with 5 almonds grated. I used make it with milk. But I now make it with water. I needed to get out of the plateau, so decided to cut the diary products. It is working like a charm and I am loosing weight again.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have half cup of pin head oats made by the oatmeal of alford. (half cup weighs 90g)..made with water, then add 1 tablespoon of walden farms fat free/calorie free caramel syrup, 1 tablespoon of apple sauce and tablespoon of sultanas...absolutely delicious!!:happy:
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have 60g (1.5 servings according to MFP) each morning, used to add honey and raisins but now only add handful of raisins :-) I make porridge with fruit puree for the toddler and it's very tasty, never have time to puree fruit for myself and eating baby puree just seems wrong :laugh:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    40g or if im very hungry 60g with water. I might have some at lunch or for a snack in the afternoon and it helps me stay full and not snack on junk
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    30g oats with 250ml skimmed milk.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I use 1/3 cup and cook it with dried fruit (for sweetness) in almond milk (for creaminess).
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup. If I put it in a smoothie, 1/4 cup.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I measure out three teaspoons, mix it with water, microwave it, then add about 1/4 C of yogurt and some fruit. Today it wa mango. this holds me until my lunch time, which is at 11:30. I usually eat around 7.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I eat the 1/2 cup cooked with 1 cup water. I like to add apples and craisins. The crockpot and packing is a wonderful idea. I am going to try that.
  • chasecohen
    Options
    I use Oats so Simple, which come in 27g sachets. I then microwave it with 180ml of soya light milk.

Saying that, I usually follow it with two medium sized apples which keeps me full until lunch.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I buy a big container of rolled oats and portion them out in to about 30 gram servings which I keep at my desk throw them in with 3/4 cup of water and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes take out add a pinch of salt some cut up apple and cinnamon.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    50g oats with 250ml unsweetend soya milk and 1tsp brown sugar. Soaked overnight in the soya milk to soften up and make creamy.