Work Out Help!

Options
Hello Everyone!!

I have been working out for about three weeks, three days a week. I am not a beginner at working out, but the last time I did it was in High School and that was 7 years ago EEK!

I am trying to figure out an work out routine. I've looked at a couple work out websites, but have no idea what I am looking out.

Does anyone know of a book or even online that can help me make a routine. So I can start keeping tracking and seeing results.

Thanks!

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    "The Body Fat Solution" by Venuto has some basic weight training routines (with dumbbells) that are great for inexperienced or out-of-practice exercisers.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Assuming you want to lose weight and get stronger and firmer, I'd suggest reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You should see a trainer and have them build something for you.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Most trainers do not understand a lot about different types of people and give terrible advice. Lots of gyms these days hire anyone off the street as a trainer and many of them are not in shape. Research yourself, you are better off and will save a lot of money.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out an work out routine.

Routine is a dirty word. Switch it up with weights and anerobic, quick 15 minute exercises throughout the week so you don't get burned out doing the same thing every day.

I see the same person at the gym all week on the treadmill/eliptical and then don't see them for two weeks afterwards
  • swest87
    swest87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will into a couple of these. Like Machafin said I don't want a trainer becuase they don't understand unless your willing to spend a ton of money. which I am not.

Thanks!