emotional = FOOD

Options
Hi everyone I'm Stacy I'm 28 and I'm addicted to food ! No matter what I want food ,happy , sad , just because ... I always think about food .... Even after I eat I still think about it .... I even sneak food so no one knows I already ate ! How can I break myself of this ? How to I say NO to food??

Please help
Stacy

Replies

• Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    same problem here!!!

I put in all my house motivational pics say that when you cheat the unique person who lost was you or you need to differentiate from bored to be hungry...

That's is my metod
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Getting back into MFP, lately if feels like all I do is think about food! Plus it seems that whenever I want to 'treat' myself, it's food related. That's the big one to break. If I want to eat, I eat, and I refuse to feel guilty about it, or sneak around it, because I did eat it, and feeling guilty is not going to help me with those feelings, in fact it causes me to eat more because I feel bad about being guilty!

Try and think about what triggers your eating, is it thoughts, smells, etc. I found out that fruit makes me more hungry, and keeping snacks in the house is not a good thing for me, like Toddahlie, if I'm bored I tend to want to eat, not because I'm hungry. I try and focus on anything but food throughout the day, which is pretty hard sometimes.