What kind of HRM do you have?

Options
2»

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    DH's HRM is officially a hunk of junk... it just kept beeping the whole time I was trying to use it. No "brand" on it, hey it was free. LOL

So it looks like the Polar FT7 is the popular model??

It's probably set up for him and he probably has the alarm set on it to let him know that he is not at his target HR.

I found the instruction card and reset it all for me before I tried it again.... never would give me an accurate reading (and yes, I moistened first this time). The beeping was probably because it kept giving me such odd results (from 18 to 195 LOL).
    :huh:
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 405 - I love it - the GPS is awesome and I love the fact that I have only to look at my watch for all sorts of on-the-go readings.

I use the chest strap that came with it, but it is elasticised and it fits beautifully - I simply tuck it under the bottom band of my bra and I don't feel any different.

The bluetooth type function is great as it registers with Garmin Connect on the web and Garmin Training Centre on my computer automatically and gives me some great feedback to use.

I also use it for my bike even though I don't have the other accessories for that.

There's still so much that I need to explore on it, but for the moment it does more than I want it to - I'm not sure if it goes underwater though and so I am in the process of finding out if I can use it when I swim (I really hope it can).