Polar FT4 going haywire:/

My HRM Polar FT4, while in middle of workout, starts going crazy and shooting up to 200!!! Anyone else ever had similar problem and is it time for a new one:frown:

Replies

• BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Mine did the same thing. I just replaced the battery in the watch and on the chest strap, and it worked fine afterwards.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Mine did the same thing. I just replaced the battery in the watch and on the chest strap, and it worked fine afterwards.

Same for my FT7 last year. Still had an occasional spike - sometimes high and sometimes to zero but it never lasted long. Recently, after upgrading to Garmin units, my wife had some HR spikes when running. I searched around and found where someone mentioned covering the top of the heart rate sensor with a layer of masking tape. Seems that the synthetic type workout/running shirts can cause some interference. After the tape fix, my wife's HR has been stable.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 471 Member

I changed my batteries in watch and chest strap, and it did do fine. Just last couple of days it's been acting up again:frown:
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    I changed my batteries in watch and chest strap, and it did do fine. Just last couple of days it's been acting up again:frown:

have you washed the strap in the washing machine?
  • angie_04
    ]

have you washed the strap in the washing machine?
    [/quote]

I am doing that now. Customer service also informed me to wash the transmitter with toothbrush and dawn because the salt from your sweat (yuck) can clog it up and make it malfunction. So I cleaned the transmitter and strap is in the washer. Hope it works:ohwell:
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    I have the same monitor, but haven't had it that long, so some great information.
  • angie_04
    Ok so after the good wash I used it yesterday and it worked perfect!! I guess I'll start cleaning the transformer from now on!