Naturally Flavored Water

Options
I just have to put it out there...naturally flavored waters have SAVED me!! It all started with a random gift from my mother - a water bottle with a fruit infuser insert. You put ftuit in the little compartment and it infuses into the water and flavors it. I got rid of soda, juice, and chemically flavored and preserved waters. I only drink fruit/veggie smoothies, milk, and my fruit waters now. It's helped me eat better, feel better, and loose weight as I exercise and eat healthy. I feel great!!

Here is a list of my favorite waters:

Frozen strawberries w/ fresh ginger root
Frozen pineapple
Frozen Mango w/ fresh ginger root
Cucumber, Lemon, fresh mint
Cucumber and frozen mixed berries
Fresh kiwi (best if made early and left overnight)
Frozen strawberry w/ lemon
Orange and frozen mixed berries
Frozen blueberries w/ lemon
Apple and cinnamon stick
Frozen peach, mango, and pineapple (came in a tropical mix)
Orange and rosemary

Most of these I make the night before and let sit over night. You can make it in one water bottle and continually top it off or you can make a pitcher the night before and pour cups from it all day. I do whatever works for me that day. If I know I'll be home all day (stay-home mom), then I make the pitcher. If I know I have things to do and places to go, I make 1-2 water bottles to take with me.

It is amazing! I don't like plain water, but I love these. It's all natural, and it's all yummy! I've cut out all soda, juice, and manufactured flavored waters thanks to this idea. I highly recommend it!

Replies

• cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't have an infuser, but I do add stuff to water (when I remember). I like fresh raspberries and lime.
  • CBeland2013
    Options
    Yum! That sounds good.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just saw a fruit infuser in a store on Friday and I hadn't even known they existed. I always just throw fruits (usually lemon, mint, cucumber and ginger) into a gallon sun tea jar then pour the water from the spout so I don't get chunks in my water. I do love infused water, though – so refreshing!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You can get them online from amazon. I got one for my boyfriend for Christmas (he has an ever growing water bottle collection lol)

This is the one I got him:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F4M9KM/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But there are several other types and brands you can get.
  • alylynn10
    alylynn10 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas. Thank you! I am really going to try these combos and make some up as I go!
  • CBeland2013
    Options
    You're welcome! I just had to share and I'm glad there are so many others doing it and others that are now interested. It's a MUCH healthier way to drink flavored drinks. :D
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I make these too! thanks for sharing. I got an infuser from Pampered Chef that I can put in a pitcher or I just drop the fruit in. I made one last night with cucumber, line & lemon, I am excited to try that. The only "fruit" I've found that doesn't work well is blackberries, they don't seem to give much flavor. Some other combos to try are:

Strawberry & kiwi
    Cranberries & orange
    Lemon & Orange
  • CBeland2013
    Options
    Oh, cranberries! Why haven't I thought of that combo yet?? Bet it's good! I tried the raspberry/lime combo and realized that I used too much lime! haha. It's is a good one, though. :)