Mio Heart rate monitor.

Options
trhops
trhops Posts: 295 Member
I am ready to throw my Mio triumpth heart rate monitor out the window! It never will take my heart rate, and I cannot find my receipt. I have googled to see if other had issues with it, so I wanted to see if anyone else uses the Mio monitor.

I have done all of the suggestions, but when I hold it to take my heart rate it doesn't do anything. I have moved the watch around, and nothing. So frustrated after spending quite a bit of money on it!

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for suggestions on a good monitor that will automatically take my heart rate. I have an Android phone if the monitor needs to sync to it.
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just did a Google Search on this subject which led me to you. I'm on my SECOND MIO Sport and find that the problem I had with the first is a problem with this technology period.

When running or walking, I tend to sweat. This sweat that SHOULD help the unit apparently stops it from working and has the watch post "Please Dry Unit" . This would be ok once, but instead happens about 20 times during an hour run. I even tried walking versus running and it still happens. So to combat it, I purchased sweat bands to block the sweat running down to my wrist. Apparently this was not enough to stop the problem. I ended up removing the watch at least five times in a hour hour walk. an improvement, yes; but a major inconvenience.

One of my friends said to try the strap monitor as they require sweat to work well and even some type of moisture just to start. I'll purchase one next paycheck and let you know how it works.

OP, have you found any tip since posting?