Anyone have a Vitamix?

Options
I'm looking to purchase a Vitamix after we receive our tax refund. I need your opinions on it, please. Pros, cons, tips, suggestions...anything will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's the best. Period.

I'd pay $2000 for one.

It's a "game changer".

Silkiest smoothies in civilization.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to purchase a Vitamix after we receive our tax refund. I need your opinions on it, please. Pros, cons, tips, suggestions...anything will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pricey, but you can justify the price if you'll use it often

And what's this thing you call a tax refund?
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's the best. Period.

I'd pay $2000 for one.

It's a "game changer".

Silkiest smoothies in civilization.

word!
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I just bought the Ninja Mega System this weekend. From what I read online, it does everything the Vitamix does except heat items. In three days of using it, I absolutely love it! Makes great smoothies (whole fruit juicing) and works well as a food processor.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I am insanely happy with my Ninja, it's intensely powerful. I could liquefy cinder blocks if need be.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Blenders are for ice and alcohol, IMHO

Knives are best for cutting up
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRouJgquuW2EHvAtvQQRO-2nG3MSynHzvZ5g0jBYpuVedkCDS7V
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat my food instead of drinking it.
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have one and absolutely would buy another immediately if it broke.
    I'm not much of a veggie person .. but drinking them down is not a problem.
    I make my protein shakes in the vitamix as well. .. everything comes out perfect.
    Definitely recommend it.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Had it since 2006 and haven't had to replace it yet. It is strong.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Vitamix!! I make smoothies the most and then "popsicles" in it for my boys (greek yogurt and fruit, pureed and then put in popsicle molds).

It is definitely pricey but I see it as an investment to my and my family's health. Planning on it lasting a lifetime :drinker:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I use mine every day,sometimes twice a day...the thing blends smoothies in like five seconds. It is super powerful.We also use it to make whole fruit juices and it completely liquifies them in seconds!

I really love the fact that it has the tamper also, because when I am blending frozen fruit I can use it to break the frozen bits that sometime get stuck. Love it!
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have one. Got it as a present for myself when I broke up with my ex-husband!!!
    I don't use it much for smoothies because I don;t really like smoothies.
    I use it to make what I call "green sauce"- which is a super healthy way to increase your consumption of greens.
    Recipe: a bunch of herbs like parsley or cilantro or arugula
    some nuts, some olive oil, some garlic, salt and pepper - I add a few spoonfuls of this to quinoa and it is fast and healthy lunch. Also sneak it into my son's pasta sauce.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    almost bought a vitamix until i found the Dash blender. ITS AMMMAAAZZZIIINNGGG
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've had it since '07. Since I've killed a regular blender and magic bullets doing things like hummus, I love it. The recipes that it comes with are great. Granted I haven't gone through them all yet still.

I also liked that it came from my area (Ohio).
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add that my vitamix came with a 7 yr warranty in case it breaks or malfunctions. Plus,the parts are either Canadian or American made. :) You buy into the quality of it in my opinion.
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing. As someone who freaking adores nut butters other than peanut butter, making my own in the vitamix = so much money saved. Coconut butter costs upwards of 12$ for a 16oz jar. 16 oz of unsweetened dried coconut costs 4$. I'll take the 5 minute blending and 5 minute clean up for 8$ savings. Same with almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, etc. And making your own blends is fabulous--coconut tahini is amazing.
    I can make my own oat flour, buckwheat flour, almond meal, etc. Which is very handy when I'm baking for gluten-free friends--because buying thse whole ingredients is much cheaper than buying the flours. I can blitz lentils and barley into a flour and make a delicious, ten minute porridge.
    Smoothies take seconds--and I never need worry about having giant chunks of ice or whatnot left in my smoothies.

Basically I love love love my Vita-Mix.
  • bigbrando13
    bigbrando13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One amazing machine! Get it
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Our Vitamix has its own butcher block cart... There is nothing this blender can't handle, when you get yours I would suggest making your own peanut butter!! Nom Nom Nom!!! :drinker:
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    Nutribullet does everything I need and is much cheaper.
  • gcharlieg
    Options
    Vitamix's are incredible! I've never regretted buying mine a few years ago.

They're pricey, but totally worth it. If you want to save a few dollars, you can use a "promotion code" from an online affiliate like www.rawblends.com/vitamix-blender/ to get free shipping (normally $25+). They also sell refurbished ones directly from the factory ($100+ cheaper) and they still come with a 5 year warranty. You can get free shipping on those too with the coupon code.