Today's NSV- What's yours

Options
mrsna
mrsna Posts: 195 Member
Someone brought me a couple of pictures of me that I had no idea were even taken. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen pictures of myself and not just wanted to cringe... or throw up. All that hard work is finally paying off! I am feeling and looking like myself again!

Share your NSV. I would love to help you celebrate it!!

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My friend told me I was "disappearing" a few minutes ago. I know that's a weird compliment, but she means it in a good way :laugh:
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been in a size 16 jeans since I was 16 years old. Almost 8 years later, I tried on size 12's at the mall this weekend (my best friend made me TRY them because I was convinced there was no way they'd fit!) and I was wrong! They did fit and it was so exciting!!! I did a little dance in the fitting room. I essentially skipped size 14.

30954935.png
    Calorie Counter
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been in a size 16 jeans since I was 16 years old. Almost 8 years later, I tried on size 12's at the mall this weekend (my best friend made me TRY them because I was convinced there was no way they'd fit!) and I was wrong! They did fit and it was so exciting!!! I did a little dance in the fitting room. I essentially skipped size 14.

30954935.png
    Calorie Counter

Awesome NSV!

As for me, I lost 1/2 inch off my waist after the 1st 2 weeks of Jillians' Body Revolution. Pretty happy with it!
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My friend posted on my Facebook about how my weight loss and fitness is inspring others! It made me cry!
  • lavenderphoenix
    lavenderphoenix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I got rid of all of my clothes that are larger than a 16 or L, and replaced them with clothes I had put away that I haven't been able to wear in years. My husband and I went out to dinner on Saturday and I wore the dress I wore when he met my best friends for the first time when we were dating, 4 years ago.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me yesterday that they were jealous of how "fit" I am!! My first reaction was to scoff and talk about how much more I had to lose... but instead a just said THANK YOU!!

So really that is 2 NSVs... one for the compliment and one for ingnoring my old negative attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I got rid of all of my clothes that are larger than a 16 or L, and replaced them with clothes I had put away that I haven't been able to wear in years. My husband and I went out to dinner on Saturday and I wore the dress I wore when he met my best friends for the first time when we were dating, 4 years ago.

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mine's semi-scale related: I am no longer in the BMI obese category! Just overweight.

And the new bra that I ordered for myself as a reward for hitting that, which I ordered 1 cup size smaller than my other bra, fits! Yay for losing a cup size. :happy:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the weekend was putting the belt I bought in the Fall, in the very last hole. I hadn't wore a belt for years and years. Finally bought one in the Fall and only able to reach the 1st hole. So now I've made it to the final and 7th hole on that belt. Time to go shopping for a new one!
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today I turned my outdoor 2.8 mile run into a 3.8 mile run without walking! I've never run more than 3.25 outside before, and I've only run 4 miles on a treadmill once, during which I accidentally hit the emergency stop button twice (I really hate that button...) And to top it all off, I've decided to sign up for a 4.8 mile race in the beginning of June!
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    My husband and I were getting ready to go somewhere last night and he says,"Come on skinny." I'm by no means skinny but it made me smile all the same! Love him!
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    My trousers fell down whilst I was hoovering!!!!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time since I can remember that I didn't want to take a nap after waking up at 8 am on a weekend. I woke up before 8, ate breakfast, fed the babies and let Dante (my golden retriever) out, decided I needed to go back to sleep, laid there for a good 3 hours listening to the TV...got up and cleaned the kitchen for a few hours, ate lunch, and still couldn't take a nap...stayed up till about 11. I just have much more energy now.
  • KLC2784
    KLC2784 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My NSV yesterday really made me realize how far I have come from the girl who just 3 years ago could barely jog 1/4 mile. I ran in a 5k event yesterday morning and I finished overall #317 out of 963 runners. I made the top third! For females I finished #91 out of 455.
  • rachaelaldora
    rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    not really any spectacular moment but i laugh about it a lot,
    I am a very frugal person so my clothes didnt fit before i lost weight and now that im 60 pounds down they still don't fit
    So i currently run in my gym gear having to hold up my pants. Ive been doing jumping jacks at home and they've fell to my ankles haha

Also today i realized how your actions can affect other people. even those you dont know well. I had a girl that i dont know very well open up to me and cry about where she is at with her weight. I smiled and said sweetie thats where i started, so now im here to push her. We all can help others. stay inspiring.
  • donna123smile
    donna123smile Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Realizing I ran 100 km last month!
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me yesterday that they were jealous of how "fit" I am!! My first reaction was to scoff and talk about how much more I had to lose... but instead a just said THANK YOU!!

So really that is 2 NSVs... one for the compliment and one for ingnoring my old negative attitude! :flowerforyou:

That's great! Congrats!
  • FettsLady
    Options

Aww! What a great feeling!
  • FettsLady
    Options
    Today, I realized that I have exercised every single day for a month straight! Every. Single. Day.

Nice 'record' to start if I do say so myself!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing 250 pounds on my weight loss journey and now 2 1/2 years later I now weigh 175 pounds. just 40 pounds away from reaching my goal weight. I did it on my own by changing my eating habits and getting moving. I did not take the easy way out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!