Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing weight, slowly, but gaining inches?!

WTH is up with that? That would account for my pants not getting looser. :frown: And I know I'm getting stronger because I keep having to stack on more weight to make the workout challenging.

I figure a couple of things are going on...

1. Water weight would account for the inches. Maybe?
2. Adding muscle but not necessarily losing fat?

Any ideas anyone?

I figure today was just a bad day to measure. Especially after the weekend. So I'll increase my water intake and remeasure mid week?

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    WTH is up with that? That would account for my pants not getting looser. :frown: And I know I'm getting stronger because I keep having to stack on more weight to make the workout challenging.

I figure a couple of things are going on...

1. Water weight would account for the inches. Maybe?
    2. Adding muscle but not necessarily losing fat?

Any ideas anyone?

I figure today was just a bad day to measure. Especially after the weekend. So I'll increase my water intake and remeasure mid week?

Do you have any way of measuring your body fat? It's hard to know without details, but weight training does make people increase in size. That's usually the point.
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Just a Tanita scale with a BF function... With me it's up one day, week later it's down, and back up the next... Not sure if it's measuring BF or just water weight.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Just a Tanita scale with a BF function... With me it's up one day, week later it's down, and back up the next... Not sure if it's measuring BF or just water weight.

I have a Tanita scale too. There are fluctuations, but over time, I see trends. Do you weigh yourself under the same conditions each time, i.e., early in the morning before eating but after using the bathroom and nude?
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Yes, but irregularly. The fluctuations in the BF% bug me more than the fluctuation in weight.