Just saying the best way to not crave sweets

Options
I dont really eat sweets but the best way to get rid of that craving is brushing your teeth...just sayin :D i gotta find a way to not want a deliciouse beer and cheese now haha

Replies

• LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yeah ok... but I cant brush my teeth 50 times a day right? :) mmm....cheese.....
  • Angeleyes_simone
    Options
    Yes, I have always said this. No on wants to eat when all they can taste is mint :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I dont really eat sweets but the best way to get rid of that craving is brushing your teeth...just sayin :D i gotta find a way to not want a deliciouse beer and cheese now haha

I would think that would work pretty well for beer, at least or a while. Beer after brushing is pretty disgusting.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    haha well it will cut that 50 down to 45 at least :P

Yea im from wisconsin so....alllll cheese mmmmmmm

who doesnt love quaso
    yeah ok... but I cant brush my teeth 50 times a day right? :) mmm....cheese.....
  • kliermann
    Options
    haha idk maybee its from my days in the dorms but it doesnt kill the flavor of beer for me any more i like thick full bodied beer though so that could be the difference :S

I would think that would work pretty well for beer, at least or a while. Beer after brushing is pretty disgusting.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That doesn't kill the craving it just makes you think twice before indulging.
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    haha yeah I'm from Switzerland so... cheese and chocolate :heart:
    it's a good advice anyway to brush your teeth, it's hard when you're working and at University all day long

who doesnt love quaso
  • kliermann
    Options
    haha ive been to switzerland while i was stationed in germany so i know how good yalls chocolate is luckily i never really liked it :D I didnt try any of yalls cheese though random i wouldnt expect that haha
    haha yeah I'm from Switzerland so... cheese and chocolate :heart:
    it's a good advice anyway to brush your teeth, it's hard when you're working and at University all day long

who doesnt love quaso
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't know about brushing one's teeth to curb cravings, but I just want to throw this out there... I've noticed I don't really crave sweets anymore after giving up artificial sweeteners and diet sodas for a while... I allow myself a little honey each day for sweetening green tea or greek yogurt, but I don't really crave sweets anymore.... which is weird, because I've always had a huge problem with sweet & carb cravings.

And I notice that no matter what I'm "craving", if I fill my stomach with something healthy and am not hungry anymore, I lose interest.

Wine & beer are an exception. Not as in "alcoholism", just craving a glass of wine or a beer as a treat... Who has found the magic cure for that?
  • kliermann
    Options
    ha it works for a lot of people

mens health alos suggests eating a small serving of sweets after breakfast and it should curb your cravings as well

but yup still looking for that beer and wine stopper not an alcohalic either just love it
    I don't know about brushing one's teeth to curb cravings, but I just want to throw this out there... I've noticed I don't really crave sweets anymore after giving up artificial sweeteners and diet sodas for a while... I allow myself a little honey each day for sweetening green tea or greek yogurt, but I don't really crave sweets anymore.... which is weird, because I've always had a huge problem with sweet & carb cravings.

And I notice that no matter what I'm "craving", if I fill my stomach with something healthy and am not hungry anymore, I lose interest.

Wine & beer are an exception. Not as in "alcoholism", just craving a glass of wine or a beer as a treat... Who has found the magic cure for that?
  • angiehall509
    Options
    Me too. We go riding alot on our Teryx4 and always have beer with us. Thats what got me to these extra 30 pounds. lol... But the two just go hand and hand when you are out on the trails in the middle of the woods or in a huge mud hole.
  • kliermann
    Options
    haha nice kinda jelouse

I got all my weight from jager and beer while i was stationed in germany jumped from 120 to 220 in 1 year i had a problem haha then i got in shape then got hurt and got fat again so now here i am today with about 30 lbs to lose as well mostly wanna lose inches of my waist dont care about the weight too much hah
    Me too. We go riding alot on our Teryx4 and always have beer with us. Thats what got me to these extra 30 pounds. lol... But the two just go hand and hand when you are out on the trails in the middle of the woods or in a huge mud hole.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i heard that to, also milk is supposed to help the craving but you cant drink milk all day lol. i find i only crave sweets if i have them in the house, usually just have the healthier chocs so can't hurt so much
  • kliermann
    Options
    thats good idea too
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This is what I do; after every meal I brush my teeth so I dont eat more