AN HOUR AT THE GYM

Options
1 HOUR FOR MY MORNING WORKOUT- SUGGESTIONS FOR WORKOUTS/MACHINES THAT BURN THE MOST CALORIES? DO I STAY ON ONE MACHINE OR BREAK THE HOUR UP BETWEEN DIFFERENT ONES?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Do what you like. If I worked at out the gym and had an hour every day, my workouts wouldn't be too much different than they are at home, just I wouldn't do videos. Three days a week, I'd lift, I'm currently doing Madcow's version of the 5x5. After that I'd hit the treadmill for some walking up a hill or the elliptical. Another three days a week, I'd run according to my current training program (I'm training for a race), then do a core workout, probably some weighted side bends, Russian twists (weighted), crunches holding weights, planks and variations, etc. If I had time, I might squeeze in some extra walking or something on the elliptical. I'd maybe try to fit in a yoga or pilates class on my lifting days (after lifting, in place of cardio), if there as one offered at a time that worked.) If I wasn't training for a race, I'd do some HIIT or intercals on the treadmill or some elliptical, maybe both. I might also take a spinning class or kickboxing or something if offered.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Do intervals more calories burned and gets your heart rate up; mix cardio and strength and maybe some ab works
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Treadmill! I tryt o get in and out ASAP!THI is my usual routing..........

I sprint 1 mile on the tread mill
    Pull ups
    Dips
    Crunches...........

and now the fun begins...

HEAVY lifting!!!!

Then I go home....Usually in less than an hour.:bigsmile:

Merlot time!!:drinker:
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Youl'll burn more calories if you just do cardio. If thats your only goal, dont waste time on lifting

edit. If thats what you meant. HIIT burns more calories in 20 mins than a steady pace on stationary bike (so I've heard) but you cant keep doing it for an hour or so.