Wedding Anniversary dinner Ideas!!!

Options
catfulford
catfulford Posts: 62 Member
Hi tomorrow is my husbands and i 2nd wedding anniversary and i am drawing a blank on what to make for dinner. We like all types of food, except he really doesn't like veggies lol. Any ideas on what i should cook? Thanks!! :)

Replies

• Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, this might not be helpful, but on my wedding anniversary me and my husband go out to the 'fancy' Italian restaurant 'The Italian Oven'... Its perfect because I get to draw on the table and my husband gets to eat his favorite food. XD Also, He'll wear a tie for it! lol
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Why not go out to eat so you won't have to worry about doing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen afterwards, etc? After all, this is a special day and it only comes once per year. :)
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Not that you're seeking particularly low cal foods, but it's fresh on my mind (from my last nites dinner) that 3 (boiled) jumbo shrimp served cold with cocktail sauce is only like 60 calories! And could make a nice appetizer :)

Happy Anniversary!
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mmm italian sound so yummy :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fingers

Mac and Cheese

cucumbers and tomatoes with zesty italian dressing over them

Heavenly Hash ice cream for dessert

You're welcome :flowerforyou:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fingers

Mac and Cheese

cucumbers and tomatoes with zesty italian dressing over them

Heavenly Hash ice cream for dessert

You're welcome :flowerforyou:

:love: :love: :love:
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Break Out the grill!!! Hope it is warm where you are. Kabobs with baby portabello mushrooms are the bomb! Grilled pineapple. Grilled Asparagus. Just grill a bunch of stuff it will turn out good. Put steak and shrimp on the kabobs. do some fruit kabobs with just apple and pineapple,etc. MMMMMMMM grilled poblano peepers are super yummy.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Break Out the grill!!! Hope it is warm where you are. Kabobs with baby portabello mushrooms are the bomb! Grilled pineapple. Grilled Asparagus. Just grill a bunch of stuff it will turn out good. Put steak and shrimp on the kabobs. do some fruit kabobs with just apple and pineapple,etc. MMMMMMMM grilled poblano peepers are super yummy.

Forget my idea. This sounds amazing.
  • KellyUGA123
    KellyUGA123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to a local upscale grocery store (Fresh Market/Harry's or Whole Foods?) and get 2 pieces of good fish- like salmon or grouper and put them on the grill. I like just rubbing some olive oil (or lemon oil!) on it and find a good seasoning blend to sprinkle on. I would do a couple baked sweet potatoes (clean em, stab them in a couple places, wrap in foil and pop them in the oven @ 425 for an hour or so). Add a little butter, cinnamon and sugar and some rolls. Also- esp with fish, do some grilled pineapple, peppers and tomatoes, make some sort of "salsa" topping (if you like that kind of thing). And of course, can't forget dessert. Chocolate fondue, cupcakes or maybe a slice of cheesecake to split. :-) Happy anniversary!