lower belly pooch.. need advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• NotoriousNicki
    Options
    i honestly dont do too much strength related, only cuz i dont know mich about.it.

however, when i stand, the pooch feels hard, but when i am sitting i can grab a nice hunk of fat.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    read wheat belly, it's a book. It's wheat...evil, evil, wheat.

Tell me you're joking. Please. I want to believe that you don't fall for pseudo-scientific alarmist propaganda that was debunked prior to the release of the work of fiction of which you speak.
  • NotoriousNicki
    Options
    i have been looking into the posture thing. i can see that it is reduced.when i stand well but its still there and correct posture is a hard thing to get use to im noticing!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Are you doing exercise to specifically target the lower abdominal muscles? The most well-known ab exercises, like crunches, neglect them. Often people's upper abdominals will be tight and lower abdominals flabby.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are being too hard on yourself. being 5ft 8-9 and weighing 134lbs isn't a whole lot. you probably don't have any fat. it's just the way your body is. relax and enjoy your smoking hot body, cause it wont be like that forever!
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Strength training... hit the weights (focus on compound movements- there are programs to follow if you're interested).

And do core work- planks, hanging leg raises etc.. and the flab that you're grabbing when you sit- you apparently store fat viscerally (in your abdominal area)... keep eating lean, and get some sort of resistance training going. You can't choose where you lose fat, if I could- my hips would stop lying so dang much.
  • kingsleyhall
    kingsleyhall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can try upping the water intake in case its excess water, and sorry I didn't know you said you were on 1200 calories, i definitely would not go lower than that in my opinion. Besides I think it's sexy for a woman to have a small bit of belly fat.
  • smac2012
    smac2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    Less carbs, more protein and remember to replace the calories you are burning as your body is most likely holding onto fat(belly) if you are not replacing burnt calories! Good luck
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Are you doing exercise to specifically target the lower abdominal muscles? The most well-known ab exercises, like crunches, neglect them. Often people's upper abdominals will be tight and lower abdominals flabby.

^ this... maybe u need more lower ab workouts?

check google and u tube. scissor kicks work for me as well as the leg raisers off the side of a bench. hard to explain I will try to post when I find it.
  • NotoriousNicki
    Options
    you have all been so helpful. i know i am probably being a bit hard on myself, but i just wabba look hot in my bikini thus summer and thats coming right up! ;)
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Try 30 day shred.