Help I don't know what to do!

Options
I'm thinking about going to school for cosmetology. I was wanting to know if anyone on here even been or does it for a living...I don't know who to talk to about this. I want to do it...it looks like lots of fun but I dunno...I really need yalls input!!!!

Replies

• Mariettarose
    Options
    Input for what?:ohwell: Do you want to do this? If yes, than go...:yawn: If you need to talk to someone about how to go about doing it, you need to talk to someone who is working in the field and has completed the training. Shadow someone local. Talk to them and see how they like the job. Try to keep up with them and see. I've heard the standing thing can be a big deal breaker for a lot of people...not to mention it can create a lot of medical problems later in life.

If you just need the cheering section to go ahead with your dreams and to be told you can do this....we're here for you. YES!!!! You CAN do this. Go be successful and have a wonderful and fun career. We know you can!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

This is coming from someone who went back to school at thirty to become a professional clinical counselor. After five years in school and lots of support from my family, I have a career I love and a life I wouldn't trade for anything. But it all started from somewhere really scary....:embarassed:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you wanna do it you can do it. Mrose knows what she's talking about. (I'm her old man :smile: ).
  • seemego
    seemego Posts: 10
    Options
    going to school is great, anytime that we want to better ourselves we should, a hairdresser can may just what she puts into it, it's not like areg. job when most of the time we get paided by the hour, the more heads we do the more we make (AT MOST SHOPS) my daughters a hair dresser and does very well at it. her son got sick and she needed to have a lot of time off for dr. appt. and this worked well for her, but, now, she does own her own shop and it is a branch of her own home, she makes a whole lot most than she did when she was working for someone else, and she's her own boss. check it out and go for it if this is what you think you would like to do.drawback, its not as easy or cheap as working at a company when and if you need insurance,