Boston Marathon

Options
Nooooooo :sad:

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You know a lot of people don't want cameras everywhere. I do. I wonder if there will be tighter security at other road races now? I hope they catch who did this and quick.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I guess they have a suspect on film,

Another bomb @ JFK library.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow....what a shock...a terrible tragedy. Why would anyone do this? My thoughts and prayers are with all who were affected, as well as their families.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Looking at this on tv it kinda reminds me of the scene in "Vantage Point" when they were in Spain. They said small portable devices were found. Sounds just like "Vantage Point".
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My prayers go out to the victims and for justice to prevail. I am so sad.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Well, the marathon is something people do for both fitness and exercise. I hope no one from MFP was affected.
    Options

It's just heartbreaking. These are athletes. People like us being attacked for Lord knows why.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

It's just heartbreaking. These are athletes. People like us being attacked for Lord knows why.

Yeah and it wasnt even the ppl that finished first it was the stragglers. If i was running in it it would have been me.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It's really horrible. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I thought the guy on the radio said it wrong.

Someone on my FL was running the marathon. He's ok which is great. My heart goes out to all those people who were injured.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    The finish line of the Boston Marathon is such an iconic thing for distance runners...and these were the mid-pack people, the ones who dream their whole running lives about that moment. I'm so pissed that someone is messing with my people.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was said yet, but today is Patriot's Day, which commemorates battles in Boston that began the American Revolutionary War. I'm pretty sure that is not a coincidence and whoever did this is probably part of some strange group of American rebels. May the Lord Bless and protect the families.
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is just crazy..people can't even go out for a good cause and be ok. I just can't seem to understand why we have some really cruel and disgusting people in our world. This is just beyond sad and my prayers are to the family and friends of the victims :(
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Keeping my friends and former neighbors in my thoughts as well..........I hope the best for all the families..........I don't know what else to say, Im not that good with words, but am so sorry for this tragedy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You know a lot of people don't want cameras everywhere. I do. I wonder if there will be tighter security at other road races now? I hope they catch who did this and quick.

Because that will stop bad things from happening.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you would like to discuss something about RUNNING in a marathon or TRAINING for a marathon, etc you've come to the right place.

If you've come to discuss the EXPLOSIONS, or how you are doing something for people who are hurt, go somewhere else.

Hey I contributed lol I said I would have been one of the ppl blown up because it targeted the stragglers and not the ppl who finished first lol .........that does qualify as running in a marathon right?

4 hours 9 mins isnt that bad

Yeah, I noticed the timer too. Thanks for putting the time is perspective.

I was very moved by the woman in red, just in front of the first explosion, who looked back, and then *checked her time* on her watch. Bless her.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    @#!les who did this.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Yeah and it wasnt even the ppl that finished first it was the stragglers. If i was running in it it would have been me.

Anybody who can qualify for the Boston Marathon can hardly be considerred a "straggler" in any context.

To all MFP members affected by this tragedy, my heart goes out to you.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    We should all be ashamed of our selves honestly. People just lost their lives, their limbs, their loved ones and we are arguing over maturity. Really? What a waste of our time. Maybe we should take a second to wish good things on the victims from today and forget our differences. Forget what forum this is in and realize it is just a way for us to send love to our fellow athletes and anyone on here who may have been affected so if they come online they can see they have support.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    To bring some sanity back to this thread:

Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

- Patton Oswalt