Homemade Kettlecorn

DBranchaud
DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I recently learned how to pop kettlecron on the stove and my family loves it. It's such a nice treat, (:blushing: I caught myslef eatting an entre batch myself once) but i was wondering if anyone has a bit of a healthier recipe. Or can suggest a healthier oil to use. Has anyone tried making it with splenda? or some other sweetener?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I love Kettlecorn too. What is your recipe??? Didn't know you could make it at home. I have been buying it from Walmart.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I make popcorn on the stove but have never put sugar in it.
    I just use a small amount of oil and popcorn - then salt when done.
    But then again, I haven't made it since I started on my weight loss journey. O how I miss it. I would eat the whole kettle of it!
  • DBranchaud
    I found it on all recipes dot com.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kettle-Corn/Detail.aspx

Next time I'll try to feed people a batch without sugar...see if they notice LOL I don't put anybutter or margerine in it. It's really just oil, sugar and kernals.
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    I've never made nor do i like Kettlecorn but I love using Splenda in cooking and baking. Use the porotion it says on the package or less. I find when i use it in baking its extra sweet and has a little bit of an aftertaste. Have you tired not using the oil at all and air poping?
  • DBranchaud
    I haven't done airpopping in a while..I tihnk I might try that on people next.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    I'm addicted to airpopping - that's the only way I'll eat popcorn. I just need to get off the butter, I don't use much, but hate wasting those calories when I could have something better!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    I eat jumbo popping corn popped on the stove as well.. Cook it in a bit of oil.. but I dont add any butter or anything to it and it is AMAZING just the way it is
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    I would give my left pinky for kettlecorn... like real state fair quality kettlecorn. /sigh - High Fructose Corn Syrup is evil though. My husband eats Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Kettle Korn.

Serving size: 1/2 bag
    Cal: 140
    Total Fat: 2.5 g
    Sat Fat: 1 g
    Poly Fat: 1 g
    Mono Fat: .5 g
    Sodium: 230 mg
    Pot: 140 mg
    Total Carb: 29 g
    Fiber: 6 g
    Protein: 4 g
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    I take a small bag of popcorn (the 100 cal bag) and once it's done popping I add 1 package of splenda and shake shake shake!! Sooooo good!
This discussion has been closed.