How to not loose motivation?!?

Options
I have been on this site for over a year. I have lost up to 30 pounds and put it all back on.... Makes me sick. How can I get motivation to loose weight ? How can I keep it off? Scary summer is around the corner and I don't even want to put a bathing suit near me.

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    No one here can answer that for you. You must still want the comfort of food more than you want to be healthy. When that changes you won't need us to tell you how to be motivated.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When you want it badly enough, it'll become a priority.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to make a habit. Making exercise and eating properly a part of your everyday life instead of having to actually motivate yourself to do it everyday.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    No one here can answer that for you. You must still want the comfort of food more than you want to be healthy. When that changes you won't need us to tell you how to be motivated.

Well said. I agree 100%...it has to come from you.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    When you want it badly enough, it'll become a priority.

This! YOU need to decide to commit yourself for yourself.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Stop relying on motivation and just do it
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    you have to love yourself to do it for you.

Nobody else can do it but yourself.

I wish you luck in your journey to health
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to make a habit. Making exercise and eating properly a part of your everyday life instead of having to actually motivate yourself to do it everyday.

This was how it went for me. The beginning sucked. And somedays it still does. But most of the time I don't even think about it because it's what I do now.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    be happy
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have no idea what motivates me.

There are lots of reasons to eat right and exercise. However, those reasons do not motivate me. It sounds like they don't motivate you either.

I have a theory though. There is something in a person's psyche that just "clicks" one day and they decide to do whatever it is they haven't been able to do before. I'm no psychologist. My theory just comes from personal experience and talking with others.

I wish you the best.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose weight?
    What motivates me, probably won't motivate you. What the other posters have said is accurate. You have to find the motivation within yourself. I'm competitive. Tracking progress and doing better than last month is my incentive.

If you want to lose weight so you'll look better in a bikini - try taking a current picture of yourself in the bikini and posting it where you will see it. Seeing it will be a constant reminder of why you want to lose weight.
    If you want to lose so you can run a marathon, sign-up for one with a buddy for next year. The deadline can work as incentive.
    If your losing to improve health, ask your doctor to repeat tests or whatever would indicate progress.