exercising and calorie burning

Okay so i use a treadmill on a regular basis. I will try to do a few different programs on it including running, and using the incline. I like to stay on for around 45 minutes and burn around what it says 500 calories. When i add it to the programm i try to delete around 100 calories. I do have a watch and use it when i walk. The other day we walked 1.5 hours close to 5 miles and it said we burned 300 calories. SO how do you know how accurate it is. My base count is 1300 calories and if i burn 500 i try to eat around 1600 as i do do other things during the day. Is this correct.

Replies

• fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    I believe the most accurate way to know how many calories you've burned is investing in a heart rate monitor. It will give you extact number not an estimation. I think treadmill ones are accurate if you put in your weight and they have a HRM with them. If you are talking about doing extra things to add up to 1600-like house work-you might want to see what you put down as your activity level and see if that is accurate. But the idea is if you are goaled at 1300 calories a day-which is hopefully putting you are no more than a 2lb loss a week-and you workout 500 calories, you eat a total of 1800 calories.