Help me figure out calories...

Options
Rough estimate please?
I went a little nuts trying a lot at the Whole Foods salad bar.
This entire thing weighed 1.14lbs according to my receipt.

There was a piece of coconut chicken, a bit of Peruvian pork, 2 small pieces of General Tso's chicken, then broccoli, kale, beets, and cauliflower. The 4 breaded ball things you see are fried plantain pieces.

So can anyone provide a decent estimate of calories by eyeballing this?

2cf4b3s.jpg

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can neglect the veggies. Count the meat, oil and dressing.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Look up each individual item in the database and add the amount together. Voila
  • GoAwayBelly
    GoAwayBelly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tough to guess how much each part weighed... was hoping for someone smarter than me to come up with a number!

I did try adding each part individually including the mixed vegetables and garlic dressing. Came up with 780 calories. Might be short-changing it a bit, I assumed 1000 but that was just a very random guess with no backing.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Tough to guess how much each part weighed... was hoping for someone smarter than me to come up with a number!

I did try adding each part individually including the mixed vegetables and garlic dressing. Came up with 780 calories. Might be short-changing it a bit, I assumed 1000 but that was just a very random guess with no backing.

If you're ever unsure,its always best to overestimate rather than under. Given the two figures above, i'd choose the larger one and call it a day (although I highly doubt its that high)