Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Make your committment here....

pannellkat
pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Lets all make at least one committment today to get us closer to our goal weight/goal. No excuses today.
It can be a small committment like parking farther in the parking lot to get in a few more steps before going into the grocery store or a big committment like burning 1000 calories in exercise or trying something new at the gym but whatever the committment. Lets all make one. Its better than doing nothing because doing nothing will never get you closer to your goal.

My committment: Only one teaspoon of cream in my coffee vs. 2 tablespoons and cycling class at the gym tonight all the way through.

What committment are you willing to make TODAY to get towards your goal?

Replies

• tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    My committment is to track everything I eat or do for exercise today.:happy:
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    I'm committing to going to yoga tonight. I've been making excuses for the past week and a half for not working out or taking care of myself by doing yoga, but I'm going to go tonight!! :)
  • mom4nursing
    mom4nursing Posts: 28 Member
    I am committing to tracking everything I eat and going to the gym after work.
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    I am committing to NO empty calories today! Unless it fuels my body in a nutritious way - I will not eat it.

(Crap, I just cut out my afternoon coffee, didn't I?)
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    I am commiting to going to the gym right after work and cleaning for at least 1 hour tonight.
  • I'm committing to reducing the amount of sodium that I consume, take the stairs instead of the elevator and drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I'm committing to doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at least 4 times a week until I reach my first goal of 30 pounds lost.
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    I am committing to being under my calorie goal for today - NO MORE GOING OVER!!!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Well, I already did one committment; skip the starbucks frap. I have a nice cup of home brewed (aka free) tea in front of me instead!

I also committ to doing the JM No More Trouble Zones DVD that I was supposed to do after my run this morning. I WILL do it after work!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Followed through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Great thread! I just found it - but am dreaming up tomorrow's commitment. :) I'll be back.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    My plan was to hit the gym Monday/Wednesday/Friday each week and take the 15 minute walk to the Tube station.

I can re-commit myself to that today, Monday I was in the gym, Wednesday I was in the gym and I was even in there this morning as well (mostly cardio I'm not overdoing it :) ). And I've walked to the station every oppourtunity.

I feel great at the moment even though I'm only 2 weeks in. Feel very happy with myself today.
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    I would like to follow up and say that I was able to make my commitment yesterday! I was SO EXCITED & I felt completly satisfied!! Thanks for having this post so that I could realize that I can do it!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Yay to all of those who followed through.

NOW QUESTION - WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY OR PLAN TO DO TODAY TO GET YOURSELF CLOSER TO YOUR GOAL???

ME? I ditched the coca cola for water instead. I will commit to at least 30 minutes of exercise at heart rate of 160 or above.
  • Happyoceangirl
    So it took me a while to figure out exactly which commitment would pack the most punch - but here it is: I will pay attention to my body's signal that it is full, and I will honor it. No more extra bites, just because it tastes so good.
  • What am I going to do today...I am going to record every single thing that goes into my mouth and do the same for Saturday and Sunday...NO GAINING WEIGHT OVER THE WEEKEND!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Reporting in for Friday .... did a decent job. Okay, maybe a FEW extra bites, but not too much. Didn't stuff myself. Full-0-meter registered, so chow stopped. This is good.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    I will turn wine into water....well, I drank water all night in a nice glass with ice, a squirt of lemon and a cocktail umbrella. Well it made me feel better.... And I will do the same tonight.

I will also refrain from dropping into the plank position midway through a movie as apparently it makes my husband think I am a little obsessed! :bigsmile:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Get through the weekend without any meal cheating.
This discussion has been closed.