New to community, nursing Mom here...

Options
Hi there,

My name is Lisa, I am a new mom. I had RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery almost three years ago and I have done really well. I lost 110 pounds originally and gained 50 during pregnancy. Luckily it was mostly water, placenta and my daughter and I only have about 10 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am using this site to encourage myself to eat healthier foods and so I won't be too off track when I finnished nursing my daughter.

Per the site, for me to lose a pound a week, I can eat 1530 cals a day. I have gone over that the last two days and still managed to lose 3 pounds. I hope this keeps up. Even though I lost 110 pounds with surgery and a LOT of determination and exercise, I never reached my goal weight. I was 20 pounds shy. My goal is to get there now.

Any advice out there?

Lisa

Replies

• qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good for you! When I breastfed my daughter I didn't eat well at all and when she stopped I gained a ton of weight! I'm now wishing I would have started eating well while I was breastfeeding. It sounds like you are on the right track!
  • lisaturco80
    Options
    Thanks! I noticed I was starting to get some bad habits with nursing. I could eat whatever I want and lose weight!!?!?!? Yea, I saw that turning into an issue later. I am determined to not gain back the weight I worked so hard to lose.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That was my problem! I ate everything in sight and still didn't gain! I was sick for my entire pregnancy and couldn't eat a lot so I went overboard! lol