5K today!

Options
So I am going to be honest, I want to boast a bit about an accomplishment! I am 26, female, 5'6" and 276 lbs and an on/off runner. I have been running on the treadmill (which I HATE btw). And by running i mean jogging for 5 min at a 4.0 pace and walking for a minute or two in between. Well today I got to run outside since it was so nice out, and I ran 5k (only slowing to a walk for a couple minutes total) at a 15 min/mile! That pace may not sound great but lets be honest, how fast can a girl run at my height and weight?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • Rosannep1
    Rosannep1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and yes you should be proud of yourself.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good job! No matter what the pace, you are a runner! You should be proud of your accomplishment.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    That's an impressive accomplishment - now just keep it up!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!!!You did it!!!! Keep at it and you will get faster with time...That's amazing!!!
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Respect!!!
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yay for running your first 5K!! It is a great feeling, isn't it!? Don't worry about your time; it will get better. After months of running around a 12 minute mile, in the last 2 weeks I've been running around an 11 minute or 10.5 minute mile. One of the reasons I like running is because I get to race myself!!
  • ABetterJayme
    ABetterJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • christimccarty
    Options
    yaay!!! great job girly!!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You'll get faster in no time! Don't worry about pace, pay attention to how it feels :) If not during, then after