Women who Heavy Lift

Options
lobo_a_gogo
lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
Hey ladies who lift heavy weights, I'm in week 3 of NROL4W and I need some inspiration from women trying similar things (especially those who started with still quite a bit to lose). I have noticed significant size difference (but not weight) so far. I'll go first. I've posted this before, but I feel silly asking for pics without offering my own. First, I'll show you a picture of my approximate goal weight/size: This was me in 2009 at about 180, size 10
jan2009.jpg

I unfortunately didn't take "befores" and at my heaviest I avoided having pictures taken at all cost... That said I managed to find one picture where I was in the background and it was very dark...lol. For reference, I'm about 5'8". Here's my journey so far:

I started in May of 2012.
SW: approximately 240-245 (My old scale told me I was 205 no matter what... finally got a new one after I had already put some work into losing, which told me 238
bad.jpg

I lost about 30 lbs over the summer by logging (mind you not always measuring food, never weighing food, but approximating), netting about 1600 calories/day and swimming almost every day, biking a few times a week. Here's me in August of 2012 at approximately 215:
august2012.jpg
aug20122.jpg

I took most of September off from exercising because we were out of town every weekend, and then went to some roller derby practices which showed me how out of shape I still was. I started going to the gym at a local college 3-5 days per week all of November, and Did some gym workouts and some (not all 30 days) of 30 DS in December when the gym was closed. I went to Disney with some friends the first full week in January. Here's me at Disney at about 210:
disney210.jpg

Frustrated by this gigantic plateau (I had only lost about another 5 lbs in 4 or 5 months!) I continued cutting back on my calories further and further until I was only eating 900-1200/day, with not much of a budge on the scale. I got a fitbit to get a more accurate count of what I was burning in a typical day.
Of course everyone on MFP yelled at me, told me to eat more and so I did. For the past few weeks I have been eating around 1800 calories (20% off my TDEE) and I am on week 3 of phase 1 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women (heavy weight lifting)
Here's me today at 203:
41413.jpg

For comparison pictures, I took a few in the same dress I was wearing in the August pictures. Here's a few side by sides:

May 2012 (240-45ish) compared with late January 2013
maytolatejan.jpg

August 2012 to right now:
photo-1.jpg

photo.png

Ideally I would like to get down to 165-175, but moreover I'm setting a size goal rather than a weight goal these days since I have been heavy lifting. I'm currently a comfortable size 14, fit into some size 12s. I would like to be a comfortable size 10, fit in to some 8's (or smaller).

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!