just started nrolfw and I feel like I'm eating too much

Options
I just started on Friday and I've been reading lots about TDEE and BMR and all that lately. I increased my calories on MFP, but I still feel like unless I'm really hungry and nibbling on lettuce all day long, I'm not trying hard enough. I never starved myself or tried to live on 1200 calories for long periods of time, but psychologically it just somehow doesn't seem right. When I did the lifting this morning it only took like 30 minutes (used to spend twice that time on cardio) and from what I read I should eat more on lifting days. So, I do less cardio and eat more. Reading about it, it makes sense, but somewhere inside of me is that evil little thing telling me I'm eating too much and exercising too little...lol.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you calculated things correctly then you will be fine. When you start increasing weight, your body will need that fuel to function. I'm not able to make any increases unless I'm fueling enough. Be aware that you may see some added pounds, but it is water retention. The book does discuss this.