Womens Gridiron in Melbourne Australia - I'm doing it!

Options
Hi all Ladies,

I just wanted to make a post about this as it has helped me and maybe it may help others.
I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and I recently joined the Northern Raiders womens gridiron team.
This is a great sport for people loosing weight as the trainings are long - 2-4hrs and intense! Best of all any size women can play...
Perfect for larger women who are looking for a sport where they can participate and not just to sit on the bench, a sport where they are actually wanted and you can loose weight doing it!

This is full kit gridiron - no the lingerie stuff...

If anyone is intersted - check out the northern raiders facebook page or you can PM me..

Lets get fit together!

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    In the U.S., forty percent of the people who play rugby are female.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I am in Brisbane , but I think this a great idea for people. A girls at work plays rugby league and asked if I wanted to. Same sort of deal, all shapes and abilities, but the training is tough. I didn't feel ready. I lose weight quickly and gain strength slowly and don't like been tackled. Started Aikido soon and will be learning to fall and get back up haha. Might try the football next year. I hope a lot of girl will give these 'boys' sport a go.