10,000 steps program

Options
pbandz
pbandz Posts: 128 Member
Hi guys, second post here!
I just wanted to know if any of you are doing the 10,000 steps a day thing. I recently got a pedometer and have been trying to get 10k a day for a month but just starting last week I decided to start doing 10k a day no matter what. I have also been doing 30 minutes of yoga every night.
I've felt better lately and healthier but my calorie intake has increased. I'm not too worried about it, but I want everyone's intake and opinion, and how this program works for you! (:

Replies

• pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I get 13,000 at work( cleaner) and5,000 after work (running)
    Now if I could control my food I would actually lose weight
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    you've lost 44 pounds! whacha talking bout!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, second post here!
    I just wanted to know if any of you are doing the 10,000 steps a day thing. I recently got a pedometer and have been trying to get 10k a day for a month but just starting last week I decided to start doing 10k a day no matter what. I have also been doing 30 minutes of yoga every night.
    I've felt better lately and healthier but my calorie intake has increased. I'm not too worried about it, but I want everyone's intake and opinion, and how this program works for you! (:

I try to average 13,000 steps a day. Some days are lower and some are higher. I keep track of my steps here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943565-april-step-challenge

Staying active helps me feel better and I think it is keeping me from gaining weight back.

For weight loss though I think its best to resist eating back all of your exercise calories.