Why are Cookies so good but so EVIL!!!

Options
I love cookies - they are one of the best things next to cheesecake in this world. I'm a baker and can make almost anything I put my mind to (my fav's Carrot Cake cheesecake, Snickerdoodles, German Chocolate Cheesecake, and my most favorite one Cranberry Chocolate Cheesecake).

Yes I have an addiction to sweets especially cheesecakes and cookies... It sucks because I want to eat everything and this week has been the hardest week ever in my diet. I've been slacking in keeping everything logged and have been denying the extra lbs I put on.. So today I promised myself no more cookies... but then my co-worker still had some Snickerdoodles left & after a fairly big lunch - I ate one... Ugh...

Not the brightest move I know - but it looked and smelt so good... I'll work out extra hard tonight at the gym and kick myself for overdoing it today... but Why does everything I love to eat gotta be so bad for me. Why can't society be okay with a woman/man who is a little bit over weight? I'm okay with my weight - but feel I need to keep working out and getting my weight down to at least 140. I hate it - I remember a time I didn’t care about what I ate - I didn’t feel guilty when I ate 2 or 3 cookies a day. I just miss being carefree... but then again - I do not miss the jokes that were made about my weight, the looks and comments from strangers passing.

I really do not miss the "fat" jeans and feeling like a blob when I went to buy new clothes... SO I guess I’m forever stuck with dieting and trying my best to maintain a healthy lifestyle... But I still believe that Cookies are Evil - but so damn good...lol
Sorry just had to vent my frustrations today...

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Hahaha I love this thread! They are evil little devils. Sitting there in their perfect little packages looking delicious with those chocolately chips. :tongue: I've just had to stop buying them altogether because ultimately I can't just eat one. lol Imagine how difficult it was back at Christmas when I had to make dozens of cookies and fudgey treats for the kids classes at school. Oh it was torture but you'll get through it. I'd just try to keep fruit around you or jello puddings something with a chocolate taste. I've recently made some homemade granola bars 'cuz I love those too. You could always find a healthier recipe for a cookie too. Good luck on the no more cookies journey. :tongue:
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I hate that everything that tastes so wonderful is so terrible for you! I, too, love to bake, and it's so hard to keep the results of my baking out of my apartment! Good luck and remember that sometimes it's okay to indulge! :)
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Two cookies on a good calorie/workout day are heaven! Two cookies on already gone over and don't feel like exercising is evil. Anything chocolate is my weakness. So I have two mini chocolate eggs everyday just make it work in the calorie budget!
  • lorrie2010
    lorrie2010 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with the cookies being little devils. I love the NO BAKE cookies, and those thigs are devils sure. I enjoy baking also and I have a skinny daughter that eats anyhting she wants; wish I oculd.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't see the point in changing your lifestyle if you completely deprive yourself of everything you loved to eat. A cookie is ok in a balanced diet. I let myself have a few reduced fat chips ahoy cookies with light soymilk for dessert sometimes. Or one cookie during my catered tuesday lunches, which is also a day I burn 600 calories in the gym. Don't beat yourself up over one cookie, savor it and think of it as a reward for your healthy eating :)
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Okay, I LOVE SWEETS! I am right there with you! ... Remember anything is good in moderation! If you have to figure out good ways to make your cookies more healthy! Don't beat yourself up for having an off week, I've had an off two! lol

Remember, the important thing is to be HEALTHY! Don't hold yourself to a standard of society. Obviously as a whole we have horrible standards. Just make sure you are doing your body right and just being healthy...don't let the numbers both you. if you are happy then BE HAPPY! =)

But don't beat yourself up for being an off week... You can still come back! ;-)
  • silramarie
    silramarie Posts: 8
    Options
    LOL... thank you everyone... I'm not alone - I knew there were others out there who felt the same way... I've looked at healthier cookie recipes and made them for my kids before and all I get are these puzzled looks and "mommy where are the good cookies"...lol.

I'm not sure what is up with this week - but I think my body is in withdrawls from all the good food - so its slowly taking back in the sweets and salty foods... Today my co-workers took me to Hu Hot - OMG that place is fantastic... not to bad - I loaded up on the veggies & chicken... But those sauces (their evil too :happy: ) are the kicker. I did fairly good - my meal came to about 280 calories... not bad if I say so myself.

OH well - I have a Strawberry cream cheesecake in my fridge - I might get a slice since it took me a day to make. I also need to see if its worth baking again (its a side bizness - I bake for friends and family and they pay..lol). Like my grandma say's its only bad for you if you want it to be... SO stop stressing the calories live a little and enjoy food, especially the good food. Gotta love her...
    :bigsmile:
  • rwaltjen
    rwaltjen Posts: 5
    Options
    I love pepsi,cookies,chocolate, all kinds of sweets.....mmmm so good. I am down to having only 1 can of pepsi every other day, and sticking to weight watchers ice cream for snacks when I really need it. Well today is just one of those days for me. I did an hour of pilates and an hour of step n sculpt class last night, so I feel like I worked hard for my snack today. I just went down to the little cafe at work to grab a snack, and the owner said "No, you can't have that, you will ruin your diet...you look so good !!" The fact that he noticed that I have lost a few pounds is a great feeling, and it gave me a little motivation to keep up with the exercise and good eating habits. Now if only I hear that in the summer when i'm wearing a bikini !! :blushing: