So auditorium seats aren't actually torture devices?

Options
Today I sat for an hour with my legs crossed, and I didn't have to awkwardly wedge my foot into the chair in front of me to keep them stable. My top leg just sort of...stayed where I put it! And my top leg was actually laying against my bottom leg, instead of hanging out in mid-air. And I didn't feel like the seat was bruising my thighs. That's new.

I feel like this will only make sense to people who have been there, too!

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Lol! Great NSV. Keep up the hard work.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love little NSV's like this! They remind you of what we're doing this for!
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV! That is wonderful news! Good job. Here's to many more!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I absolutely GET IT!!

Being unable to enjoy The Nutcracker ballet in December was one of the things that sparked my weight loss journey. My season tickets are next to a woman at least 100 pounds heavier than I was in December. It was absolute misery for both of us. I am seeing Swan Lake on Sunday. I cannot wait to see how much more comfortable I am.

Crossing my legs = deep, deep satisfaction. I so missed it, and I so enjoy being able to do it these days.

Congrats on your NSV.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Gah! I can't sit with my legs crossed and not awkwardly wedge my foot! Hate it!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Funny you should post this. Went to a volleyball tournament this weekend and was thrilled to note that not only were the seats comfortable...I had room to spare!!! Last year the seats were way too small. What a difference a year makes!!
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I was just thinking about posting one of my own when I saw yours...This is our third year to have season tickets for basketball. The arena seats ARE TORTURE DEVICES! They try to squeeze as many seats in as they can! This makes them very small. Since I've lost 33 lbs, I have found I am no longer "wedged" in. I actually have room to move around! So I love your NSV! And I completely understand, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!