Just Joined.. AGAIN! Any fellow Paleo -ers?? Whole30?

Options
Hey! I just rejoined MFP. I'm 22, a student and a substitute teacher. Representin' Idaho! I was on here last April, it helped me to lose 38lbs. I've managed to keep the weight off but haven't lost any more :( I've also been doing Paleo for the last year, however I've been terrible the last 3 months.

Sooo, I'm starting a Whole30! If you don't know what it is, you can learn more about it here: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/
Don't worry, it's free and you don't have to join anything or be involved in a group, just follow the rules :) If this is something that interests you, I would love to have someone else doing a Whole30 with me!!

I would also love for lots of people on here to be my friends! I'm not really on here for the calorie counting aspect (you don't do that on Paleo), more just the support from all y'all! Look forward to hearing from you!

-Brooke

Replies

• skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I eat primal =)
    Not sure if you're familiar but its basically paleo except I eat dairy.

Good luck on the Whole30 & feel free to add me if you want.
  • Brooke1190
    Options
    If I could, I would love to eat primal!! I'm lactose intolerant though (thanks to a year of Paleo), my tummy just can't handle it anymore after going without. Good to hear from you!
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :bigsmile:
  • fitnessdedication
    Options
    I do paleo too !
    But I still eat some greek yogourt though (plain 0%)... It's my weakness, I can't help it :laugh:
  • Brooke1190
    Options
    Haha yes, we all cheat from time to time! At least Greek Yogurt isn't a terrible cheat!!
  • ajadykes
    ajadykes Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello from Vancouver! My husband and I started the Paleo Plan 21 Day Cleanse last week. We love the recipes and are finding the food very satisfying. I've had some issues with inflammation so we thought we would try this as it removes all dairy, nuts, grains, caffeine, sweeteners, and nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, etc.) for three weeks. Truth be told we don't miss them and I'm feeling much better AND losing weight. Good luck on your Whole 30 - it looks awesome!

38668874.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I added you! I am starting Whole30 today (for the 2nd time) :D
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am starting today! Feel free to add me, too.

My only concern is what I am going to eat for breakfast! I usually eat greek yogurt at work. Since I eat at work I feel kind of limited! Does anyone have any suggestions of something yummy that I can eat on the go?
  • newtro0925
    newtro0925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could have nuts, any type of vegetable (celery with almond butter is good), berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.), jerky (I like turkey). These are some suggestions for on the go foods. Good luck. I have been primal/paleo for about three weeks now. Anyone can add me if they like. Always looking/giving support.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I prefer paleo/primal (anyone familiar with Mark Sisson?), mostly because I cannot handle starchy carbs. I've tried for years and years and finally pulled my head out of the sand. I like yogurt, I drink lactose-free milk, being lactose-intolerant; I eat yogurt, cottage cheese and other cheeses. I know it's not technically hunter-gatherer, though Weston A. Price says the Plains Indians of North America consumed the udders of buffalo cows (tmi? :tongue: ). I set my macros in MFP to 40% protein, 40% fat, 20% carbs (I have a cup of oatmeal in the morning, and occasionally some brown rice). If anyone has tips for tweaking that, I'm all ears.
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You could have nuts, any type of vegetable (celery with almond butter is good), berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.), jerky (I like turkey). These are some suggestions for on the go foods. Good luck. I have been primal/paleo for about three weeks now. Anyone can add me if they like. Always looking/giving support.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • iheartiscream
    Options
    I'm doing the Whole 30! But since I want to lose, I am limiting fruits as they contain a lot of sugar. My current weakness is nuts, I have to limit those because of the high calorie/fat content. I don't eat red meat (5 years) so I mostly have been having chicken breast, salmon, tuna etc... It'll be interesting for me as I usually rely on splenda to justify my sweet tooth. Google for recipes and ideas. I think your biggest and most important task is to prepare meals in advance to keep you on track. Good luck!!
  • ThelmaCL
    ThelmaCL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the whole 30 tomorrow, I'm scared but kinda excited.
    I would love to join others on the same journey.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Whole30 for the month of April :) I'll add you as a friend! It's my first time, but I'm really pleased with how it's going, so I plan to follow a primal/paleo diet afterward.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    There is a primal/paleo support group and a lot of Whole30 challenge groups on here that you can search for.

I only mention this because sometimes these threads get nasty quick. Much more friendly people within the groups.

:flowerforyou:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Never heard of hte whole 30. Just looked it up and will read it tonight. Sounds like I might be interested. Thanks for the info.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am trying to change to a paleo lifestyle. It would fit me the best due to so many food allergies. If anyone has any suggestions of favorite recipies that would be helpful!!! Please feel free to send me a friend request too! :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not technically paleo or primal but try to eat mostly whole foods so I end up getting most of my food from paleo/primal-approved sources.

ETA: Nom Nom Paleo did the Whole30 challenge twice and posted all her recipes. You can google her blog (sorry, don't have the link handy) to get pictures and recipes for all her tasty choices.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of my first Whole30 - and first time ever trying Paleo - LOVING IT COMPLETELY! Feel free to add me as a friend but PLEASE include a note mentioning Whole30 or Paleo/Primal. Thanks!

Edited: Forgot to include this - I'm part of a group, some started April 1st, others on April 15th - but all are welcome! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12804-whole30-april-15-2013
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did the Whole30 last month and LOVED it. I was a little nervous that I would have a hard time sticking to it, but it was actually pretty easy. I'm not much of a sweets eater anyway, but I did find myself craving sweets towards the end. My friends, family and coworkers were all super supportive (imagine going to conferences, entertaining clients and NOT drinking? I did get some strange looks then). I was on the road most of the month and even with that, it wasn't difficult to maintain, I just had to do a little extra planning.

I have been eating Paleo-ish for the last 1 1/2 years. My bod loves it. Pinterest is a great place to find recipes!