1st day and sooo hard

Lakshmi
Lakshmi Posts: 15
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
i know it is psychological... 1st day counting calories and i am sooooo hungry!!! i need to lose about 65 lbs. i'm doing okay today, but fighting it.

Replies

• Lakshmi
    Lakshmi Posts: 15
    i know it is psychological... 1st day counting calories and i am sooooo hungry!!! i need to lose about 65 lbs. i'm doing okay today, but fighting it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    If fyou're really hungry you should eat something silly! But not something with TONS of calories....... go for a pear or some green pepper slices. I try and stick with low calorie foods, that way you can eat a lot more and you won't feel hungry! Also try drinking water when you feel a little hungry, sometime syou are actually just thirsty. I lost my first 3 lbs last week and I couldn't be happier. Stick with this, and this time next week you'll feel the same way :wink:
  • Also, make sure that you're drinking plenty of water. Sometimes we feel like we're hungry, when actually, we're thirsty.
  • mindy77
    mindy77 Posts: 9
    The first week I started I was hungry too. It gets better as you go along. I'm starting week 6 and have lost 3 lbs - hang in there!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    I have 65lbs to lose as well and this is my third week. I find myself getting very hungry in the late afternoon and work until 9pm. I brought some cucumber and drank lots of water and it does help.
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    My first day counting calories and I was hungry, even though I was basically eating the same things I do every day, so maybe it was mental :) Drank plenty of water too! Good to know it gets a little better as you keep going! :)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    For the first week I was hungry and would run out of calories, then learned to up the exercise so I could have more to eat, plus by then I learned more low calorie foods that filled me up better and lasted. I still have a hungry day once in awhile, but nothing like the first week. I even had trouble sleeping, probably because I was use to eating before bed and had quit. But once you get the hang of it and your body comes out of shock from all the healthy foods your eating, you'll feel so much better.:wink:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.