Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweating and constantly HOT

2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Hyperthyroid. Mine went hyper (medicine induced) and this is exactly how i felt.

Hmmm, interesting. May just leave it a few weeks and then stoat round the GPs looking all hot and bothered and see what they say.

doesn't hurt to atleast have it checked. Especially with your weight loss. A simple blood test can tell.
  • TheYoungys
    TheYoungys Posts: 44 Member
    I didn't mean to..but I had to chuckle when I read this. The reason being, Back in 2008 when I hit maintenance after an 82# weight loss. I started having ot flashes again, day and night (even tho at other times I was really cold). I was in my mid-50's, had a hysterectomy in 2001.
    When I had my fall checkup I told my Dr about this and HE chuckled!! I wanted to know what was so funny and he replied "you have no fat! Fat makes estrogen and I didn't have enough estrogen now.
    I looked at your age in your profile and thought that this could be your answer. I was perimenopause (which someone else suggested to you here) at 33. You aren't too young and this could well be the cause of your problem. If you are very lean, with little to no fat, you're estrogen is depleted and probably even more so, like me, because of your stage in life now. It is something to ask your Dr about because he or she can do labs that check your hormone level. If he or she rule that out you can be checked for other causes.

Now that is very interesting. I have been thinner but 112 is as low as I fancy going presently. I admit I have little fat and decent muscles so that may be the problem. Will speak to the doctor and thanks to yourself and everyone for the advice. :-)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Well the consensus seems to be that sadly my metabolism is NOT super awesome and that I am just getting old. I feel you are probably right but I may just pretend it is a mixture of both to make myself feel better. Seriously, I do appreciate your input, just wish it was the first answer I got, lol

That likely is a very good chance of being right.. perhaps a combination of the two. When I was heavy the first time I was cold all the time. Personally, about 5 years ago I changed my life completely, I lost 90lbs and went from sedintary to being crazy active, kayaking, hiking, biking. I had an incredible amount of muscle built up, and two things happened, I was perpetually hungry and needed to feed, and I sweat my *kitten* off - particularly at night, I'd wake up drenched. My doctor said it was my metabolism in overdrive. Unfortunately after an injury I allowed old habits back in and I've gained 70 back, my activity level is nearly back to sedintary (not completely, but by comparison) and I am actually cold all the time again - poor circulation likely. So hope you find out what your looking for, but that was my experience.
  • TheYoungys
    TheYoungys Posts: 44 Member
    Well the consensus seems to be that sadly my metabolism is NOT super awesome and that I am just getting old. I feel you are probably right but I may just pretend it is a mixture of both to make myself feel better. Seriously, I do appreciate your input, just wish it was the first answer I got, lol

That likely is a very good chance of being right.. perhaps a combination of the two. When I was heavy the first time I was cold all the time. Personally, about 5 years ago I changed my life completely, I lost 90lbs and went from sedintary to being crazy active, kayaking, hiking, biking. I had an incredible amount of muscle built up, and two things happened, I was perpetually hungry and needed to feed, and I sweat my *kitten* off - particularly at night, I'd wake up drenched. My doctor said it was my metabolism in overdrive. Unfortunately after an injury I allowed old habits back in and I've gained 70 back, my activity level is nearly back to sedintary (not completely, but by comparison) and I am actually cold all the time again - poor circulation likely. So hope you find out what your looking for, but that was my experience.

I'm definitely getting the night sweats as well! That all makes sense, now!