Replies

• benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    No such thing. Keep eating them greens.
  • Hoosier_Kat
    Hoosier_Kat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try adding some fresh grated ginger and/or fresh peppermint. Both can help alleviate the gas caused by veggies such as cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, etc. It would be super easy to slip into a smoothie.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Totally eat as much veggies as you can. I to have gone to the green side for a lot of my meals, and after a few weeks my body adjusted. Now I do not have the issue with the good stuff. I have the issues with the bad stuff that sounds OOH SO GOOD until I eat it that is, and then I pay for my error, and remember why the green is great! Do put a color variety in your veggies for a lot of reasons. My husband teases me that I eat the rainbow dailey :laugh: You will start to notice how different foods start to taste too.
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "eat the rainbow"
    Fantastic way of putting it, I try to mix it up but greens are good for you just try a slightly lighter approach until your body is used to it
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    is it ok to eat those veggies raw? i know some you shouldn't. i agree with eating a rainbow of veg like carrots or peppers to balance it out, i love peppers would never touch them before i started eating healthy :)
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    don't wanna pry but i looked at your food diary and you don't have alot of calories do you? maybe you aren't eating enough that might cause your stomack ache, very healthy though :smile:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I think if you want to do this follow the vegan food pyrimid. Yes there is such a thing google it and follow it. Never eag past when yoy are full it will make you feel like that.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would keep eating the rainbow. Give it a week or two and you will feel great.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    don't wanna pry but i looked at your food diary and you don't have alot of calories do you? maybe you aren't eating enough that might cause your stomack ache, very healthy though

Not prying at all :smile:
    I appreciate the feedback. This is why I comment on the "can't eat enough" threads. With switching to a mostly veggies and fruit diet, I will hit like 800-900. With all of the posts on this lately I have been trying to add more snacks of nuts, seeds, etc. Most days the greens fill me up so much, I can't eat much more. I suppose you could be right but I feel like I know the difference between hunger pains and bloated pains. I will try mixing up my diet more and see if that helps.

I am curious if I actually "eat the rainbow" though. I do add berries of different colors to my smoothies but that is only some days. I do eat bananas, organges, and apples... but again, this is not every day. Should I seriously be eating these "colors" every day? I might eat bananas and oranges one day and then add berries into my smoothie the next and have an apple as a snack.
    I think if you want to do this follow the vegan food pyrimid.

I learn something new every day! Thank you so much for this!

For those that are interested:

Vegan-Food-Pyramid-New.jpg
    http://veganfoodpyramid.com/wp/wp-content/themes/migration/images/Vegan-Food-Pyramid-New.jpg
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Options
    Check this out: http://www.nutrientrich.com/joel-fuhrman-md/the-top-30-superfoods.html he is a list of his top 30 choices, and food pyramid. I am not fully vegan, but I am for the most part dairy free. I "eat the rainbow" first, and supplement with animal. I know I will never give up a good steak every once in a while, but veggies and fruit satisfy me on some very basic levels that most animal products don't
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Options
    (TMI)

I also think I might be constipated?

This could be, and most likely is because you are not drink enough water! you should be drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces a day. Otherwise you may have too much fiber, and not enough fluid to move that cleansing fiber out of the body properly. Balance is absolute in any lifestyle. Consuming more fiber then your body is use to can bind you if you are not drinking enough fluid to make it movable.

Also my eating the rainbow is everything from Avocado to Zucchini. The only veggie I do not like is cucumber, I do eat more veggies than fruit to keep sugars down seeing as I am trying to watch that too. I will say the natural sugars are a better choice though.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would keep eating the rainbow. Give it a week or two and you will feel great.

I agree. Tropical fruit is my favourite.

skittles_zps1c111c67.gif
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think that could be too much - I definitely feel ill (and that unpleasantly full, but not energized feeling) if I eat that many!
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, again!

Nancy, I think you are actually very right. What you say makes perfect sense. Half my weight in water would be around 125 oz and at most I have gotten 80 oz but average around 64+ oz. I am going to try and increase my water intake as well. Thank you so much! and YAY someone else who knows who Dr. Furhman is. I feel like I am talking to a wall sometimes :laugh:

Jen
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Options
    Thank you all, again!

Nancy, I think you are actually very right. What you say makes perfect sense. Half my weight in water would be around 125 oz and at most I have gotten 80 oz but average around 64+ oz. I am going to try and increase my water intake as well. Thank you so much! and YAY someone else who knows who Dr. Furhman is. I feel like I am talking to a wall sometimes :laugh:

Jen

Your welcome! I had to do a ton of research when I was trying to find compatible foods for my family. I have a mother who is diabetic, a son who has high cholesterol, and a picky husband with liver, and pancreas issues. So I probably know a little about most life style options, but am far from verse in all. I am learning too! So happy I could teach someone else, and hoping to gain more knowledge from others! I am always looking for new support friends!