INSANITY help please!

Options
shivles
shivles Posts: 468 Member
I'm on day 2 of insanity and I am SORE! Like legs are so stiff, struggle to get up the stairs, I'm dreading tomorrows session. Is it normal to be so sore? I'm meant to just push through?

Also I've been getting headaches, I've drank nearly 2L of water today but it's still not gone. I've been taking ideas from the diet plan but not followed it religiously, diary is open so can check it out and see if anything is amiss.

Replies

• BarryWilson1108
    BarryWilson1108 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It is totally normal to be sore and your body will be shocked.
    I am on day 42 now and I started on day 1 as someone who was quite fit, played soccer, went to the gym etc and after my first days I was totally shocked at how much I was hurting from Insanity.
    After day 4 or 5 though all the pain went away following the workouts and while they dont get any easier, they do become do-able.
    Keep at it and you will start feeling better soon.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    You will be amazed once you start working out tomorrow the pain will go away after about the second set of warm ups. It is totally normal, Insanity is an intense workout and your body is in a state of shock. I didn't follow the guide but used it for meal ideas. Make sure to take pictures and measurements and don't pay attention to the scale....good luck, keep pushing!!!
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal! This first week is definitely the hardest to get through... Once you do the warm up and stretch, your muscles will loosen up and by the end of the week the stiffness should be gone. Make sure you are eating enough calories (protein!) during the day along with plenty of water.
    If the soreness is really bothering you, you can always take a rest day to give your muscles a break. I've heard a lot of people do this in the first week.
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yes normal to be sore! I'm on day 42 and I'm sore but I also play hockey and run as well, like others have said make sure you eat enough to replenish what your body is burning.........
  • gmiker
    gmiker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All quite normal. My legs didnt want to work that first week. Although, the second month steps it up a notch but your body will be ready. You will be so happy at the end because of your progress, health, confidence, and strength.
  • miaotiaox
    miaotiaox Posts: 13
    Options
    It may help to do some additional stretching before the warmup. My legs really hurt during the jumping jacks and mummy kicks, so I try to stretch them out beforehand.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Your body will be sore, especially in the beginning. As far as the headaches go, make sure you are not holding your breath during any of the workout. That will give you a headache in no time.
  • shivles
    Options
    Thanks guys! I struggled this morning but will try and push through tomorrow. I'm eating plenty, never ate so much actually! Trying to keep it healthy, drinking lots of water. Cant wait for recovery on day 4!
  • shivles
    Options
    Was so sore this morning but managed to drag myself out of bed, about half way through I found the rythm and really pushed it and now I feel great! Much less stiff, loads of energy, really glad I pushed through :)
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Totally normal. I'm on week 2 and it took about a week before all of the soreness & stiffness went away. I'm just about good as new ... still get a nice burn in my legs mostly during it (i assume that is normal LOL) but nothing afterwards. Just push through & keep drinking water! BTW, this is my second round & it was the same exact way the first time.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Very normal so don't worry about it. If you are used to having caffeine, either from tea/coffee this may be a factor in your headaches (it always is for me) so have a cup of tea or coffee every morning (avoid energy drinks though).

Other things that help
    Putting ice (or a bag of frozen peas, carrots etc) on sore muscles (Shaun T says he does this regularly)
    Having ice baths or very cold water. I did this after a half marathon and it helped! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18248875)
    Use a foam roller
    Plenty of vegetables

Diary looks very good so keep that up!

recovery.png
  • shivles
    Options
    Very normal so don't worry about it. If you are used to having caffeine, either from tea/coffee this may be a factor in your headaches (it always is for me) so have a cup of tea or coffee every morning (avoid energy drinks though).

Other things that help
    Putting ice (or a bag of frozen peas, carrots etc) on sore muscles (Shaun T says he does this regularly)
    Having ice baths or very cold water. I did this after a half marathon and it helped! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18248875)
    Use a foam roller
    Plenty of vegetables

Diary looks very good so keep that up!

recovery.png

Ah caffeine! Thank you, I completely overlooked that, I usually drink a few cups of coffee a day but since I've been trying to drink lots of water I've not been doing. Will try and slip some coffee in today, thanks :)