Tell me not to eat cake at work.... !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's probably stale - especially if your coworkers are like mine and don't properly wrap/cover items
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You ever see "The Help" ? I never want to eat chocolate pie again!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ew. You dont know who has coughed, sneezed or touched that cake with their booger fingers. PASS
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you are choosing to not have it because it is probably stale if it is from over the weekend, even if it was covered and you don't want it anyway because there is no guarantee it was handled in a sanitary manner by everyone in the many days since it was originally served!
  • zctlamd
    zctlamd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Think of the chocolate cake eating scene from Matilda....
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you could have anything in the world as your cheat piece of cake, would it be this one? It is probably a cheap, generic cake from a crappy bakery.

Save your calories for something that is fresher, tastier, something amazing that you can look forward to.

That is how I resisted an urge to get a pasty yesterday -- I knew that it was not my favorite one out there, and by eating it I will deprive myself of eating a thing I really want (be it next week or next month). But I put a piece of a super fresh, light, airy green tea crape cake in a mental vault for myself for later consumption.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    There is a 99% chance that whoever made that cake licked their fingers while doing it.

True story..
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I have a horrible craving with something like this I will cut a piece.. (small one) sit it next to me for a minute or two while I work and tell myself that I don't want it.. and that this stupid piece of cake has absolutely no control over me and my body... and once I feel more comfortable I throw the entire piece away... it makes me feel empowered that I have control over my eating and that it doesn't control me....

It also satisfied that "Did you have a piece of cake?" Feeling... Why yes- I got a plate, cut it, enjoyed it, and threw it away when I was done!

Maybe I'm just strange?

BTW: If anyone tries this don't get a fork!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You guys are the greatest. So far, no cake has passed my lips... the image of the hair in the cake totally grossed me out, LOL.

The unfortunate part: my office has a Hospitality refrigerator which always has stuff like cake in it. This is going to take some real psyching out on my part.

The fortunate part: the Blubber Fridge is way, way, way down the hall.
  • LoonaAdl
    LoonaAdl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Stay strong and after all that I don't think I'm ever eating cake again lol :laugh: